'Council will never allow permission to expand stadium'

The board will eventually build you a new stadium. If you fill the ground already, it´s probably overdue.

ahhh right, thank you. Well, we fill it to capacity every game and i'm a club legend so it's about time i had my own ground AND statue :D

How much money do you have though? You'll find you'll need quite alot before a new stadium is built

It's even possible that due to wages you're paying at that level vs. ticket revenue, money maybe a major barrier

Hmmm, my created team of North Berwick have risen through the ranks of my Scottish pyramid setup from level 7 and amatuer status to professionals finishing 5th last season in the top flight.

Sadly, money is pouring out faster than it's coming in thanks to rubbish gates receipts based on a 750 capacity ground. Somehow, I don't reckon that the board will approve signing off on a shiny new stand for the £400k that's in my account!

Im Bristol Rovers and had the same problem, even with not alot of money in the bank the Board decided to take a loan out after 1 season in the Prem, ground cost about £200 mill and the loan was £150 mill after selling the old ground for £50 mill

I had a similar problem. With willenhall town from level 7 or 8 we had a crap ground by the time we got promoted into the prem the board finally decided to build a new stadium but before it was build we played our home games at the molineux which is not too far away

You'd like to think that, in the situation described by the OP, that the local council would use their head and approve planning for the benefit of a club on the up. Or maybe not...

But it's not the council's duty to benefit a club on the way up, it's the council's duty to benefit the electoral areas it represents. I doubt if there is a computer logic engine that could even remotely begin to do this, and as FM is about football only then hardcoded maximums are probalby best.

I'm still waiting for Anfield to be expanded or a new stadium built. I've got over 100 mill in the bank, any debts are gone, as we had a takeover, we fill the stadium, and I've won the League, League Cup, and FA Cup twice in a row. I keep getting told that the council won't let us expand it, I'm just annoyed that I can't even suggest the the owners that a new stadium might be the answer. I'd be willing to waive a seasons transfer budget to do it.

Archived