Chelsea first season - What is going on!

Hull 2-0

Stoke 0-1

Burnley 0-0

Bolton 1-1

i play narrow diamond (4-1-2-1-2) short passin, fluid, control, more expressiv, zonal, more roaming

Cech, bosingwa, cole, terry, carvalho, essien, ballack, lampard, arshavin, drogba, dzeko

and every game i have 30 shots to the oppostions 2/3 and only get 5/6 on target!

please, please tell me what is going on!

It sounds like the clubs you've played are sitting deep and hitting you on the break, whilst your attempts on goal are mostly long range efforts due to a packed defence.

Personally I hate the narrow 41212 formation and prefer to play with wide men that can hopefully bypass the defence and whip in some crosses.

You could maybe try using the 'Work the ball into the box' shout and reduce the level of long shots that your team takes.

Lets try some Man-Marking firstly help your defence

Make the team more disciplined and edit the stats of the two mid-fielders as to make them creative. (as well as your AMC)

Then take in that AMC/FC and make him an inside forward - this will give you some depth in attack

Have Dzeko as a target man and Drogba as a poacher

I think Chelsea are better suited to a more rigid game plan with less roaming personally. They are a very good unit and giving the whole team license to roam probably isn't the best option, especially as both full backs would be going forward anyway.

lol tbh i dont mind chelsea, its them scummers other side of north london i would never touch

That should go without saying!

On topic, my best advice would be to get yourself a copy of TT&F and from the tactics forum and have a read.

I don't care how good anyone is at FM (I like to think I'm very good, but who cares) you can learn invaluable stuff from reading their guide.

Archived