Two Complaints...

Hi,

I dunno if anyone else finds this... but i have a pretty solid team and i win the majority of my games. However there are two things that i have tried to ignore but are now really bugging me !!

1) I concede really stupid goals. The main goal i concede is where a through ball is bouncing between my keeper and CB... instead of clearing the ball, my keeper just kind of head its in the air 3 yards to either side, pretty much setting up their striker. I sold my keeper Silivu Lung Jr ... and my new keeper has adopted this problem !

2) Headers ALWAYS go over. I have a 6'6 gen striker with 18 heading and 17 jumping 19 strength. Yet every header no matter even if its a sitter seems to fly over the bar !? I think he scored 2 headers all season !

Has anybody else had these issues?

Well done Stevo... you can succesfuly play on my words.

> The conversion ratio of his headers are very very poor. I can't really put an explanation on it, cos clearly he has the ability to head the ball, and towers over most center backs. He has no problem meeting the crosses and often its from about 6 or 7 yards out... just never seems to score. I'm not moaning that he should score more... but at least work the keeper on a more regular basis.

I was asking if anybody else has experienced either of these problems, not who could be the most sarcastic.

But thanks for your reply all the same !

To answer your questions:

1) I've seen it in my games, but not as a regular occurance, so I'm happy to concede that its more or less realistic - we've all seen the blooper shows where the keeper and/or defenders do something that suggests they may have been drinking before the game. Funny, crazy goals do happen from time to time. If its happening fairly regularly, then I think you might need to take a look at your personnel and/or tactics. Having a settled back 4 plus keeper seems to help a lot.

2) With the latest patch, headers have been a lot harder to score. Not impossible, but harder. I think in patch 10.2 headers were slightly too easy to score, and SI have adressed it, but gone a shade too harsh in my opinion. However, it is possible to adjust your tactics to work around it to some degree - I've had a decent amount of success with crosses from wingers recently - it just appears that headers from corners are tough to get now.

OP I used to have problem 2, but then i unistalled the game and reinstalled back to 10.2, problem disappeared instantly.

I wouldn't say headers are too easy, sure i scored 23 times from corners in one season, but that was a complete fluke, next season again in the same division with almost the same players (game crashed due to an entire english division disappearing from the game), and in a completely new created game, the most I have had upto virtually the end of the season was 12. Again, more than irl, but at least 10.2 goals dont all feel the same, unlike a lot i experienced with 10.3

Some people prefer 10.2

Some people prefer 10.3

I would always advise people to play a season with both to find out which suits them better.

Archived