Staff sackings - an idea for a future version.

In view of the recent managerial sackings that have taken place irl in Scotland (Tony Mowbray at Celtic and Jocky Scott at Dundee). I was thinking about their assistants who also get sacked at the same time. When you start a new game the assistant who is currently at the club remains and I think it would be a good idea if he and any other staff that the previous manger brought to the club with them was also sacked at the same time. This would a) allow you to save some money because you wouldn't have to compensate them for mutually terminating their contracts and b) would allow you to pick a much better assistant.

In one of my saves I started off at Celtic and brought in my own set of coaches, scouts and assistant. Then I accepted the Valencia job and brought them all with me to Valencia, then, I went from Valencia to Liverpool and took them all with me again. When I resigned from the Liverpool job, the board sacked all the staff that I brought with me. I thought it was pretty cool that they did that because it was like they were just completely clearing me and my team out. I agree with your post though it would be better if they sacked like the entire management 'team' and not just the solo manager.

. I agree with your post though it would be better if they sacked like the entire management 'team' and not just the solo manager.

Not at all, because it's not because the manager gets fired that the rest of the staff gets the sack too. It happens, but not always.

Plus, releasing all of those coaches would mean that you'd have to pay out their contracts, which is a big financial burden for a club. Sometimes those backroom staff guys will leave on their own (which saves money), but if they don't the club's not going to want to pay out the manager's contract, the assman's contract, and the contracts of seven or eight coaches.

Quite often on my games when a manager is sacked, or resigns from the club a news item comes up with "Mass exodus following <manager>'s exit" with backroom staff either following them out the club or being sacked with him.

However, as previously stated even if they do sack them it costs them compensation anyway.

Quite often on my games when a manager is sacked, or resigns from the club a news item comes up with "Mass exodus following <manager>'s exit" with backroom staff either following them out the club or being sacked with him.

However, as previously stated even if they do sack them it costs them compensation anyway.

When you leave a club, any of the staff that have you as their "Favored Personnel" leave with you; makes it handy if you like your backroom staff and don't want to pay your old club for them.

one problem with the OP, what about when i take over the arsenal job at the beginning of the game or the Man utd job, every single one of the staff there were brought in by wenger and ferguson respectively, now imagine losing all those staff and starting with no one especially when a lot of staff never want to return to a club they've left which would be even more costly because any good staff you'd want to bring in you'll have to pay the compensation fees to other clubs for buying out their contracts which can be up to 1m per person which is a lot more costly that mutual terminations

Archived