New Laptop Question

Hi Guys,

I'm going to be buying a new laptop at the weekend, with Windows 7 on - my current one can't cope with FM and it's so loud it sounds like an aeroplane is going to take off!

I purchased the game and installed it with Steam on my machine.

When it comes to installing FM10 on my new laptop, do I have to buy the game again or can I use the same disc and install in again? Is there a limit to how many times the same game can be installed?

Just want to make sure before I go ahead and buy the laptop.

Thanks for anyone who knows!

You should be ok. You can download the game via steam again if you've already done so or installed via steam before? I think.

If the laptop is making noise it's because it's overheating and the fans are on overload.

You can get a nice laptop cooler for €25 on amazon, I got one and it's great, no noise, no hot laptop, no laptop shutting down because too warm.

Processor getting hot all the time is bad anyway, so it's a sound investment.

You should be ok. You can download the game via steam again if you've already done so or installed via steam before? I think.

If the laptop is making noise it's because it's overheating and the fans are on overload.

You can get a nice laptop cooler for €25 on amazon, I got one and it's great, no noise, no hot laptop, no laptop shutting down because too warm.

Processor getting hot all the time is bad anyway, so it's a sound investment.

Really? How does one of them work?

In general, the laptop is only a year old - but when I'm playing FM it goes mental! Especially when playing matches.

Any further help you can offer would be massively appreciated!

Really? How does one of them work?

In general, the laptop is only a year old - but when I'm playing FM it goes mental! Especially when playing matches.

Any further help you can offer would be massively appreciated!

It's a tray, with a fan underneath it. And it blows air into the laptop. It's quiet, and it plugs into your USB port

This is the one I got, and it's great... best review on Amazon too http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Notebook-Cooling-Pad-N100/dp/B001U3ZH7W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269536814&sr=8-1

I have an awesome laptop and FM literally eats it up. The cooler is awesome.

Put it on a pad and the heat generated by the lappy will be drawn down into and through the pad and expelled via whatever fans are installed. This alters the Thermal Dynamics of the lappy because of the heat being drawn away and hence the lappy runs cooler because there is less heat residing at the bottom of the lappy. Unless you have a paving slabs worth of copper like I do cooling the Cpu and Gpu, I'd get one. In fact get one anyway imho and echoing ET, you can't have enough cooling :thup

Archived