Cheating......???

A player with high heading and jumping, and good anticipation and positioning. Set them to mark goalkeeper and you might see them scre a lot of goals. TBH i've never experienced it yet but apparently this is how to do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lewe - Young Wenger:

I consistenly hear about cheating in fm. 'the corner technique' i mean is there such a way, and if yes, how is it exucuted (sp) ... someone please help me out!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm "helping you out" by not telling you. Why would you want to purposely cheat?

The corner technique is have your corner kick taker deliver to near post with your best header on near post flick on and have another good header player on challange GK.

I use this tactic, but i dont class it as cheating as i have used it since i played CM3 and it has always worked well.

The season i am currently in i have about 2 games left in the eague with Lyon and i think that i have scored about 20 goals from corners which is maybe just above average for a team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lewe - Young Wenger:

I consistenly hear about cheating in fm. 'the corner technique' i mean is there such a way, and if yes, how is it exucuted (sp) ... someone please help me out!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm "helping you out" by not telling you. Why would you want to purposely cheat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because i want to try it out, every single post leads to the corner technique so i think its at least worth a try isnt it ? it cant be that bad ??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I'm "helping you out" by not telling you. Why would you want to purposely cheat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because i want to try it out, every single post leads to the corner technique so i think its at least worth a try isnt it ? it cant be that bad ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's a good thing to have your centre-back score 35 goals in a season. I'd get very bored, very quickly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cavo_900:

The corner technique is have your corner kick taker deliver to near post with your best header on near post flick on and have another good header player on challange GK.

I use this tactic, but i dont class it as cheating as i have used it since i played CM3 and it has always worked well.

The season i am currently in i have about 2 games left in the eague with Lyon and i think that i have scored about 20 goals from corners which is maybe just above average for a team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds... reaosnable. it IS frustrating when the AI scored 18 goals from corners this season (chelsea)

because i want to try it out, every single post leads to the corner technique so i think its at least worth a try isnt it ? it cant be that bad ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's a good thing to have your centre-back score 35 goals in a season. I'd get very bored, very quickly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fair enough, ill stop at 18 just like chelsea did this season ..grrrrrr!! john terry.... grrrr

How would it be cheating? Surely it just makes plain sense to put your best headerer attacking the keeper, no? icon_rolleyes.gif I would be doing this in real life, as I suspect does every manager

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shanks:

does the corner trick only work on 8.0.2 or will it work on the original 'unpatched' version of the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently only on 8.0.2

"Cheating" in FM is a myth unless you are playing a multiplayer game or you are coming on here to brag about your achievements.

My Fiorentina and Bremen teams tend to top the goals from corners charts in their leagues, but not by a huge amount so I am happy enough with it for now - if it gets out of hand I'll change it. Barzagli hit 19 goals last season as a DC which is a little over what I would think to be acceptable, but we did score somthing like 130 goals as a team throughout the season so the only issue is perhaps the one centre-back scoring most of the goals we do get from corners.

As someone else said though, I just set up my corners in the obvious way - I only knew it was a "cheat" when I started reading people whining on these forums and found my DCs scoring a few more than I'd expect. At Bremen though I did have two 6'6'' centre-backs so I'd expect them to net a few!

Cheating is fine if you're content with it. If you're not then don't. I don't see the point so I don't.

It's someone comes on the forums and brags about their amazing achievements at winning the quadruple for the last eight seasons and then posts screenshots that blatantly prove he was using the corner exploit. If you cheat then it is not your almighty wisdom and tactical genius that has won you your success, it is your ability to use the games programming to your advantage.

Cheat but don't brag about it.

The common belief is that the cheat is to set corners to near post and have someone attack that area (IRL you would be pretty fed up if you instructed someone to hit the ball in that area and not attack it). However, I set my corners to send it into the 6 yard box because I don't like short corners, or corners to the edge of the area. I give my players different instructions - one DC will challenge the GK, one will attack from deep, AMC sits outside the area, FC attacks near post, DM attacks from deep. However, the outcome of this is that the corner invariably ends up on the head of the DC set to challenge goalkeeper. In my current game, this is Andriy Rusol, who has 18 for jumping and heading. he scored over twenty goals last season and already has 7 in 9 for this season. My point is that there seem to be numerous ways to 'cheat' on corners and that puts the onus on SI to get it right. I'm loathe to change my formation but I will probably end up doing so. I'd like to think my corner routine is productive but don't want it to be exploitative of programming weakness.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> How would it be cheating? Surely it just makes plain sense to put your best headerer attacking the keeper, no? I would be doing this in real life, as I suspect does every manager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea but he wasn;t doimg that. He is going out of his way too find out how to exploit this in the ME. So therefore its cheating. Not that I care though.

maybe, but remember the 8.0.1 patch you had to have 99999999 shots before you scored a few ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you didn't. It was a tactical issue. The patch made it easier to score, including at corners. On 801 the "default" corner tactic was rubbish and 9/10 times you headed it out.

Makes me laugh when people find it difficult to score there's a bunch of angry kids yelling "BUG!" but when there's a gap in the programming that makes it 90% certain to score, then "it's part of the game" which makes it okay.

Like others have said, it's your money that you spent on your game. How you play your game is your business, and if winning like this is fun for you, then I'm very happy for you.

However, when you exploit a weakness in it, you have zero bragging rights about how good you are. Set up the corner exploitation, plus a reasonable tactic with a reasonable team, and a ******** monkey can get to the top of the league.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and a ******** monkey can get to the top of the league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I very much doubt George Bush has heard of, let alone played FM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jedclough:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and a ******** monkey can get to the top of the league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I very much doubt George Bush has heard of, let alone played FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'd be the exception anyway. I'm sure he'd screw it up somehow.

"Huh, AI goin' 4-2-4? Aint that a terror tactic? Gott-dang democrats gettin' in my magic computin' box again..."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robhug:

Bottom line - its a big bug that wont be in the next game. I dont use any 'exploit' as mentioned above but still my 2 centre backs score about 15 each in a season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are scoring that many with your defenders you probably are unintentionally exploiting the weakness in the game. I think the problem is that it is a logical tactical move that leads to unrealistic amounts of goals. It's almost as if you have to setup your corner tactic to be realistic rather than to score goals to purposefully avoid the exploit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robhug:

Bottom line - its a big bug that wont be in the next game. I dont use any 'exploit' as mentioned above but still my 2 centre backs score about 15 each in a season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are scoring that many with your defenders you probably are unintentionally exploiting the weakness in the game. I think the problem is that it is a logical tactical move that leads to unrealistic amounts of goals. It's almost as if you have to setup your corner tactic to be realistic rather than to score goals to purposefully avoid the exploit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason why I will not "stop" exploiting this tactic.

Ever since I can remember, I've always had a tall player (Usually a CB) marking the Goalkeeper, because it just makes sense. I'm not going to change my tactic just because the match engine cant handle it, as well as the fact that I do concede a fair amount of these goals too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

If you are scoring that many with your defenders you probably are unintentionally exploiting the weakness in the game. I think the problem is that it is a logical tactical move that leads to unrealistic amounts of goals. It's almost as if you have to setup your corner tactic to be realistic rather than to score goals to purposefully avoid the exploit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason why I will not "stop" exploiting this tactic.

Ever since I can remember, I've always had a tall player (Usually a CB) marking the Goalkeeper, because it just makes sense. I'm not going to change my tactic just because the match engine cant handle it, as well as the fact that I do concede a fair amount of these goals too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's why this 'cheat/exploit' has been a topic of so much discussion, some people are deliberately try to replicate it, others are experiencing it with tactics they designed before the problem arose.

I'm caught between two minds, do I stick with my original tactic (which was designed for 8.0.0) which scored a lot of goals for corners, or do I use the adjusted version which tones down the number of goals from corners. Either way I'm not happy.

I dont care what people think of me 'cheating'. Its there to exploit, so I will.

Next time, SI should make sure the game is correct before releasing it.

Hmm, Im sure Ive thought that before. Oh, yes, the last four versions...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jedclough:

The common belief is that the cheat is to set corners to near post and have someone attack that area (IRL you would be pretty fed up if you instructed someone to hit the ball in that area and not attack it). However, I set my corners to send it into the 6 yard box because I don't like short corners, or corners to the edge of the area. I give my players different instructions - one DC will challenge the GK, one will attack from deep, AMC sits outside the area, FC attacks near post, DM attacks from deep. However, the outcome of this is that the corner invariably ends up on the head of the DC set to challenge goalkeeper. In my current game, this is Andriy Rusol, who has 18 for jumping and heading. he scored over twenty goals last season and already has 7 in 9 for this season. My point is that there seem to be numerous ways to 'cheat' on corners and that puts the onus on SI to get it right. I'm loathe to change my formation but I will probably end up doing so. I'd like to think my corner routine is productive but don't want it to be exploitative of programming weakness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exaclty the tactic I use, and always have on Fm, just happens to be that on this version I score a lot from it!

I'd like to add that with corners delivered to the 6 yard box, not only does my challenge GK player score about 25-30 goals a season, but the player attacking the near post (Sergio Ramos) has 15 so far, It seems to stop scoring unrealistic amounts from corners I'd have to use an unrealistic tactic...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

maybe, but remember the 8.0.1 patch you had to have 99999999 shots before you scored a few ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you didn't. It was a tactical issue. The patch made it easier to score, including at corners. On 801 the "default" corner tactic was rubbish and 9/10 times you headed it out.

Makes me laugh when people find it difficult to score there's a bunch of angry kids yelling "BUG!" but when there's a gap in the programming that makes it 90% certain to score, then "it's part of the game" which makes it okay.

Like others have said, it's your money that you spent on your game. How you play your game is your business, and if winning like this is fun for you, then I'm very happy for you.

However, when you exploit a weakness in it, you have zero bragging rights about how good you are. Set up the corner exploitation, plus a reasonable tactic with a reasonable team, and a ******** monkey can get to the top of the league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im not a kid, and neither did i say that it was a bug! All i said that it is a little frustrating when trying to net a couple more than one

I'm getting fed up of typing this...

This bug/cheat/exploit should be easy to solve. The only unrealistic thing about it is the lack of protection the GK receives from the ref. IRL you can't even jump fairly with the GK without the whistle going. SI should just make the ref favour the GK 9 times out of 10. Problem solved.

I would find exploiting bugs in the game rather boring, so I just wouldn't bother, but then where do you draw the line?

I posted this in another thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> So then what if you have a right winger with 18+ for pace, acceleration, dribbling, creativity, crossing & teamwork. So you buy 2 tall strikers with jumping & heading 20. You know 9/10 times that your winger will beat the left back and put in a decent cross. You also know that there is a good chance that one of your strikers will get a decent header in on goal.

Is that cheating then?

How about if you have a CM or AM with longshots 20 & "shoots with power" and you tell him to take longshots often, is it cheating? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I (unknowingly) used the cheat for my entire first season, having always used that set up on FM, and got a crazy amount of goals from corners.

Since finding out that it's a glitch in the match engine, I've changed the corner routine, amd my two centre halves are picking up about 15 goals between them in a season, which seems fair enough to me.

Personally, I don't see the point in using the 'cheat'. It'd be like pressing a button when you want to up your chances of scoring, instead of trying to figure out tactics and best use of players. It just makes the game less exciting.

But each to their own.

I dont see why its called cheating. I dont actually use this tactic for corners but I dont consider it as cheating. I am sure it happens all the time in real football where the manger tells a player to get in the goalie's way and for another player to attack the front post !

every single post leads to the corner technique </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it doesn't.

I don't use the "exploit" tactic, but I do score lots from corners so maybe I am exploiting something in the ME as dafuge alluded to.

I would compare this to real life though. I played either left back or centre-half when I played football and I ALWAYS scored more than 10 goals a season, (but never more than 14).

I wasn't very good as a footballer but played a decent standard of Rugby on a Saturday, so was significantly fitter, faster, stronger and more agressive and determined, then the fat useless blokes I usually found myself playing against.

My goals were usually scored when we were defending corners and I broke or simple attacking set-pieces.

If only I could explain away my GK scoring 69 career goals..... icon_wink.gif

This is what I use:

I am Liverpool I play 4-2-3-1

FB takes corner (right footer takes left corner and vice versa)

Wingers and ST are on the posts and the goalkeeper

one CB is up

my AMC and one of my DM (Good long shots) and lurking outside the area

that leaves 3 players back one FB, one CB and one DM plus the GK.

I score lots from play about 2 to 3 per game,

at corners my AMC scores alot.

I've heard alot about this "corner tactic" but I read nowhere a clear and detailed way how to use it, i.e. who to place where etc...

Can someone please enlighten all those like me who are willing to try it out, or at least a link to a discussion where there's a clear explanation?

Thanks!!! icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nautilus:

I've heard alot about this "corner tactic" but I read nowhere a clear and detailed way how to use it, i.e. who to place where etc...

Can someone please enlighten all those like me who are willing to try it out, or at least a link to a discussion where there's a clear explanation?

Thanks!!! icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any news? icon_biggrin.gif

Archived