FM Assistance

Hi,

My name is Anthony Okike, a 23 year old Nigerian and a Football Manager fanatic.

I've been playing FM since FM 06' and i love the way you FM has been upgraded & modified with each passing FM. kudos

I have a slight problem and i need your advise.

I bought and installed FM 10 on my HP Compaq 6720s laptop shortly after it was released on the 30th of November.

A virus attacked my system from my friend's hard disk thereby causing me to format my system and reinstall FM 10...but when i tried to install the game, an error log came out "d3dx9_41.dll was not found, try re-installing the application". I "googled" it and a comment in a forum suggested that i should check for the "directx" folder in sports interactive, extract "Mar2009_d3dx9_41_x64" then move the d3dx9_41.dll file to "System32" on my Windows folder in drive :/C. I tried this and another error log "d3dx9_41.dll is not a valid win32 application".

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail, so i downloaded "DirectX 10" hoping that it would solve the problem. After installing DirectX 10, i reinstalled FM 10, then when double-clicked on the FM icon, that d3dx9_41.dll error message did not pop up but a new error message came saying "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience"

I dont know what to do again, so i'm turning to you guyz............the FM Forum

I would really love to get your reply................

Thank You,

Okike Anthony

+2348032346833

Archived