X Demands Money To Move

This is happening to me, I have noticed, more than I would expect especially with fringe players and sometimes it can be a stupid amount of money, I was wondering whether this is happening to everyone else and would it happen this much in real life?

It does happen IRL, probably not as much as it does in game, but it's when a club is trying to offload a player and the clubs he is negotiating with are only offering x amounts of their current wages. They will look to try and get the difference made up by the selling club.

Sometimes it can be handy (If you need to cut the wage bill drastically), other times annoying.

This happened to me with a few players when I was Manchester City.

I usually dont accept and keep the player. I suggest keeping him, putting his role as "Not needed by club", demote the player to your reserves squad. This usually will encourage the player to sign with another team in the near future, as they are getting no playing time. Each time I did this, the player was sold for a higher fee than originally agreed on with a team, and he didnt demand money to move.

37 year old David Beckham at Leeds United. Not getting his game, a little unsettled.

Offered him out for free, let the ould divil move on to a club and get some more games.

Agreed a contract with a club and wanted money to move.. I said no, as finances were tight anyway, and off loading him was to cut down wages anyway.

So I just stuck him in the reserves. He retired 6 months later.

Made his own bed

I've had Kevin Nolan in the reserves for two years now. He's been transfer listed, told hes not needed, offered out several times, offered mutual termination, but can I get rid of the bugger? Can I heck.

Sat there on his £50k p/w wages. :mad:

West Ham even offered me £1.8 million for him, but the git wanted me to pay £47.5k p/w for two years?!

RAAAAAAGE!

im just annoyed that you never get players coming to you and demanding that from their old club..

It's certainly rarer but it does happen - I got a player (Gary Cahill, I think) because of it. I would have missed out if the other club disagreed.

I've had Kevin Nolan in the reserves for two years now. He's been transfer listed, told hes not needed, offered out several times, offered mutual termination, but can I get rid of the bugger? Can I heck.

Sat there on his £50k p/w wages. :mad:

West Ham even offered me £1.8 million for him, but the git wanted me to pay £47.5k p/w for two years?!

RAAAAAAGE!

You can always wait for a richer club to make the offer. I eventually managed to get rid of Distin and only have to pay 17.5k per week as it was Roma in for him. When it was clubs from Belgium and Holland it was 30k plus I was going to have to pay.

its a good way of cutting budgets, id rather pay £20k pw than £50k pw and have you not playing so bye bye.

im just annoyed that you never get players coming to you and demanding that from their old club..

I agree it's a good way of slashing budget for a player you don't use anyway. But how do you know that his old club isn't willing to pay?

I'll agree when a) I need to make savings and the money I'm paying is a big reduction in their wages or b) I have tons of cash and just want rid of them.

Otherwise, leave them in the reserves for a few months while their rep decreases and try sending them out again. I did that with Robinho in one save and it worked.

You can always wait for a richer club to make the offer. I eventually managed to get rid of Distin and only have to pay 17.5k per week as it was Roma in for him. When it was clubs from Belgium and Holland it was 30k plus I was going to have to pay.

Yeah... the problem is that nobody wants "Fatty Nolan". The only clubs that ever bid for him are West Ham and Notts County. Ah, well, only one more season til I can jettison him. Luckily the rest of my players wages are well under control.

Archived