Bringing back injured players?

When do people bring players back from injury and how long do you give them in 1st game etc?

I have been waiting till the injured player is helath 90+ or more. When I give him 30 mins from bench, they seem to manage? When I start them, they seem to break down?

Am I imagining this or has anyone else found this? The prob with 30 mins off the bench is it takes longer for them to get match fit?

It depends on the injury....If it's a long term injury I normally let the player play in the reserves until he is match fit. Then i'll give him a half from the bench and see how much his condition is dropping down. The key is not rushing him back into action

When do people bring players back from injury and how long do you give them in 1st game etc?

I have been waiting till the injured player is helath 90+ or more. When I give him 30 mins from bench, they seem to manage? When I start them, they seem to break down?

Am I imagining this or has anyone else found this? The prob with 30 mins off the bench is it takes longer for them to get match fit?

I have tried this quite a few times, esp with my star striker who usually manages over a goal a game average.

Whenever he is still classed as being injured (i.e it has not created a news item to say that he is fully recovered from his injury), he has never ever scored for me no matter what opposition i have played.

Which pretty much tells its own story really. Never play players until they are injury free, and never play them after recovering unless they are more than at least 80%, preferably more than 90%.

I have a NEWGEN/FRED in my team that seems to break his leg about 2 or 3 times each season. He played 1 match last season inbetween 3-4 month injuries. His stats are pretty good but his bones are like paper. Selling him to Lazio for £8mill, watch him become amazing now lol.

If the player has been out for a reasonable length of time, I let him play a couple of games in the Reserves, then 2 or 3 20 - 30 minute sub appearances for the first team. After that I make sure his condition is above 90% and then just play him as normal. A full game or two normally solves and lingering 'In need of match practice' messages.

Archived