Tactics screen, unknown symbol - newbie question

Those are the symbols for the players role.

Blue means Defense, white is for Support and green is attack.

There are also letters inside them (D, S and A), however there's one more symbol that you don't mention and that's the one with the arrows, you get that one when you set a player to automatic, mostly used for full backs and wing backs.

While we're talking about this kind of thing, can anyone tell me why one of my players will sometimes be highlighted with what appears to be a golden halo around their shirt on the tactics view screen. I don't know why it appears and I can't seem to get rid of it by clicking on another part of the pitch or selecting another player.

Thanks

While we're talking about this kind of thing, can anyone tell me why one of my players will sometimes be highlighted with what appears to be a golden halo around their shirt on the tactics view screen. I don't know why it appears and I can't seem to get rid of it by clicking on another part of the pitch or selecting another player.

Thanks

When you click on the shirt in the tactics screen the selected player will get that golden halo.

I hate the way that golden halo comes up. Clicking it again doesn't bring you back to the screen you were viewing.

The layout of the tactics screen on match day is ridiculous and made to look far too complicated.

When I first pressed the pitch by accident it was given a large yellow stroke, and I nearly had a stroke trying to figure out how to go back to what I was looking at previously.

Those are the symbols for the players role.

Blue means Defense, white is for Support and green is attack.

There are also letters inside them (D, S and A), however there's one more symbol that you don't mention and that's the one with the arrows, you get that one when you set a player to automatic, mostly used for full backs and wing backs.

Duties. ;)

Everything else is correct. :thup:

I hate the way that golden halo comes up. Clicking it again doesn't bring you back to the screen you were viewing.

The layout of the tactics screen on match day is ridiculous and made to look far too complicated.

When I first pressed the pitch by accident it was given a large yellow stroke, and I nearly had a stroke trying to figure out how to go back to what I was looking at previously.

I had the same problem. I believe it takes you to player instructions, you need to swap it back to team instructions. But the annoying yellow glow around the pitch doesn’t vanish.

Although a minor annoyance, I sometimes click just below a player by accident, and his name stays highlighted until I quit. Only minor, but these things get to me :).

Archived