Transfer budget and Balance.

I've spent 13 years at Middlesbrough now and my team are starting to age (strikers are 30 and 33). I've decided I need to spend big this summer and need some advice. I've been given a TB of £150mill but the club balance is only £50mill. Am I right in thinking if I don't spend over the TB I won't get sacked for financial reasons? Tried an ultimatum but got sacked and the whole backroom staff walked out with me lol. Re-loaded it back up though :)

The transfer budget is what the board will allow you to spend. The Balance is the money that the club actually have in the bank. So you can overspend what the club actually physically has in cash.

So if you spend the £150m transfer budget then the club will be £100m in the red. So you'd better get return some quick success for saddling the club with £100m debt....

No, that's what i've won already :) AC Milan seem to have snapped up all the new Kaka's and Messi's and are now holding me to ransom. I aint paying 80mill for some Brazilian CF. Shows how little i've invested in youth that a 37 year old Ustari is still my undesputed number 1 lol.

Archived