money for Europa league?

I've forgotten how much it was, but its not very much.

I think the Europa League is more trouble than its worth, requiring a decent sized squad for rotating during the group stages, but without the monetary rewards.

You get about £122k for a win, and say 3 or 4 times that for progressing from the group stage. I think you then receive a little more for each stage you pass, and obviously get decent gate receipts for it.

Managed to win the Europa league with Derby in 2013 and received about £4m for it I think. So nothing compared to the champs league, but still a nice little wedge.

you used to get well over a million per game in gate receipts if you had a 40k seat stadium. Now they seem to do the maths correctly and realise the season ticket holders are taking up most of the space so you get peanuts. As said before the increased squad size needed means you probably lose money due to it if you are going to take it at all seriously.

you used to get well over a million per game in gate receipts if you had a 40k seat stadium. Now they seem to do the maths correctly and realise the season ticket holders are taking up most of the space so you get peanuts. As said before the increased squad size needed means you probably lose money due to it if you are going to take it at all seriously.

Ticket holders only count for the national competition, no? As I always get record income from European matches.

I've got record incomes for every match I've played as well. I don't think season tickets allow you in to European games for free. They normally allow you to buy extra tickets to the European games before the general public.

Archived