My first tycoon takeover!!!

I have finally had my first ever tycoon takeover.

The guys name is Luciano Gaucci from Italy, was wiped out ALL of the £239m debt and added a further invesment of £147m! my bank balance is a mere £175m, looking forward to the transfer window now!

Am in need of it too, as am in late October now and have Gerrard, Torres, Johnson and Reina all injured ranging from 2-4 months!

Anyone else who gets this guy, you'll have one enjoyable game...

Anyone else who gets this guy, you'll have one enjoyable game...

In a Liverpool save I didn't get this bloke, but £150m injection from a Serbian businessman, and a £150m transfer fund (which he kept topping up whenever I spent any of it). Killed the game for me. Why look for bargains when I can just buy Aguero, Pato, Hamsik AND Gourcuff? Why scout and prioritise talented regens when I can buy ALL of them? Etc.

Hope you enjoy it, though :).

Name of the skin pls and where can i find it !!!

I don't know?! Its not my screenshot, as I said.. its a buddys from Portsmouth thread.

Do you only get Tycoon takeovers if you are manager of clubs like Pompey, Liverpool, Man Utd etc. i.e. either clubs in difficulty or clubs who have corporate owners that aren't popular with fans. I'm manager of Preston North End. My chairman loves the club. This makes me think he'll never sell up!

Do you only get Tycoon takeovers if you are manager of clubs like Pompey, Liverpool, Man Utd etc. i.e. either clubs in difficulty or clubs who have corporate owners that aren't popular with fans. I'm manager of Preston North End. My chairman loves the club. This makes me think he'll never sell up!

Echoing the above in a way, I was wondering is there some sort of ratio system that is used for tycoon takeovers e.g. like getting a son is 1:10,000 or is it like above e.g. some clubs are obviously scripted into getting a tycoon takeover.

You don't have to be in debt to be able to get a tycoon, it's a bit luck too but way less luck needed than getting a son :p I once had a takeover when my clib was going professional, and it didn't have any debts or anything. Hope it happens to my Vaduz squad too, would save me a few seasons time to get my facilities improved :p

It was awesome for a season or two, but after awhile the fact that you really don't have to put in any work to get good players or use any creativity to build a team strips some of the fun out of it.

I wouldn't mind it after i've got the club to an established position in the premier league,or even won the title. Would feel like a nice reward!

Luciano Gaucci is the mad former Perugia owner who I believe is hiding out somewhere away from the police. He's the one who wanted to sign female players for his team, alongside various other stunts.

Yet more proof the Fit and Proper persons test isn't working. :p

Luciano Gaucci is the mad former Perugia owner who I believe is hiding out somewhere away from the police. He's the one who wanted to sign female players for his team, alongside various other stunts.

Yet more proof the Fit and Proper persons test isn't working. :p

Maybe he just wanted football to live up to its title of "The Beautiful Game"? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Batchelor_%28racing%29 is another crackpot. I sincerely hope that any chairman in the world would have the sense to show him the door before he can say "I'd like to buy your club" if he ever shows an interest in taking control of a football club again, given what he did to York and what he planned to do to Mansfield. Total loon.

I'm in the process of my first takeover in FM2010...gotten Sunderland Ryhope Community Association to 1st in CCL1 after 15 games (from Level 10) but am currently in the process of a takeover from a Fans' Trust....there's a transfer embargo and all 4 of my first team strikers are injured - leaving only the hopeless 16 year olds to bring in!

he is in the premiership at liverpool and pompy as people have said. also i think that was mean sarcastically [sp?] :thup:

It was indeed sarcasm.

Incidently there's a whole host of former directors (including some shady ones) of Italian clubs in the database who seem to be involved in takeovers in game.

My current chairman is the guy who ran the Calciopoli trial. I've also seen ex-Juventus director Antonio Giraudo takeover a club.

I guess this is why SI keep them in the database.

I got taken over by a consortium which is riding me like a profit horse. They have tightened my transfer budget this season to 15 million, this straight after I accomplished the Quadruple with West Ham. I guess Messi's Premier League glory will have to wait a few years :p

Had my first takeover at liverpool. a guy called bruce vandenberg pumped 529 million into the club. happy days!!! it kept saying if he takes over he`ll appoint van basten as manager because of his strong links to holland. i was top, 12 points clear and on a 26 game unbeaten run so wasn`t surprised when he said my job was safe. eventually won the league.

Maybe he just wanted football to live up to its title of "The Beautiful Game"? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Batchelor_%28racing%29 is another crackpot. I sincerely hope that any chairman in the world would have the sense to show him the door before he can say "I'd like to buy your club" if he ever shows an interest in taking control of a football club again, given what he did to York and what he planned to do to Mansfield. Total loon.

That page made me laugh at first, then i realised it wasn't a made up wiki and he is a real life person.... bufoon!

Getafe just got taken over by a tycoon in my La Liga game; between Real Madrid, Barcelona, Getafe, and my Valencia team, there's actually a fair amount of competition for signings now. Getafe's managed to poach two of my coaches and a scout so far, too, which is irritating...and they're interested in three of my fringe players as well. This could actually get interesting.

I've only ever been taken over by members of the board or fans consortium's

Your lucky, I've seen Simon Jordan take over Pompey in my game. Kind of funny as he had left Palace IRL because he led them into administration. I felt a little bad for Pompey in my game, especially since his takeover only worsened their financial state...

I once got taken over at PNE. New guy, whose name escapes me, wanted to bring in Leroy Rosenior. I kept my job but was told to win the Championship. I came 6th, won the play-offs and kept my job for a few years until I gave it up for the Northern Ireland job. Then Steve Coppell moved in, bought Steve Sidwell and destroyed my team...

I once got taken over at PNE. New guy, whose name escapes me, wanted to bring in Leroy Rosenior.
'salright, he'd only last 10 minutes in the job before getting replaced ;)
That page made me laugh at first, then i realised it wasn't a made up wiki and he is a real life person.... bufoon!
Very much so. When he announced his intentions to change the name of Mansfield Town to Harchester United, the Football League were quick to step in and hint that they wouldn't allow the change...and yet, that didn't put him off - he then went on to say that he would intentionally get the team relegated from League Two into the Conference, where he felt the club's name would be changed without a governing body vetoing the decision. He's a complete moron who should NEVER be allowed ownership of a football team ever again. Quite rightly, many Mansfield Town fans were furious with his plans, to which he stated:
"Let's be clear, I want a football club, preferably one in the league. The ONLY reason that I want it is to make money, the only reason that I want to do that is to look after my immediate family.

"I can only do that by making it work on the pitch and as a result making it work commercially. This would be MY club, if you like what you see come and watch, if you don't, then stay away.

"I am not even interested in discussing it with "fans", however, I will talk to customers anytime. If Mansfield is going to host professional football, it has to accept that there need to be some HUGE changes at this club.

"If the fans don't want to host it, all they need to do is not turn up. I have a plan, and I have a vision of what football needs to do, I am going to do my best to achieve it, I am not a multi-millionaire, just a guy who has some idea's who is prepared to have a go and take a risk"

What if the takeover is by a former footballer?The takeover is in process now and its say a former footballer. Will that means little money or nothing pump into club finance?(as u know a footballer will nvr outearn a tycoon)

What if the takeover is by a former footballer?The takeover is in process now and its say a former footballer. Will that means little money or nothing pump into club finance?(as u know a footballer will nvr outearn a tycoon)

well unless it's Rooney, i know footballers get paid alot but not enough to become tycoons :D

My buddy who manages Newcastle got taken over by a New Zealand tycoon. Was able to sign a few real good players (Sandro and Dzeko were the 2 I remember him saying), as he got like $60 million to spend the first year and another $55 or something the 2nd.

"he was reported to have paid 4.5 million for the club,[4] although it was later revealed he bought it for £1"

WOW.

Archived