FM10 Features (A dirty and intimate knowledge share)

So who's found stuff in FM10 they didn't know was there, didn't know they could do, or have been doing the long way round for weeks, months, or even years?

Any new features you've only just discovered?

Any little tips to share with one and all?

There was a pretty good thread last year with all manner of revelation, and having been harassed all night by someone who cannae make a shortlist in FM when given a list of names, it seems time to have another thread like FM09 had.

Personally for me I'd not realised how useful screen flow was in terms of scouting, and I now have the stats for 20+ active leagues shown to me once a month so's I can keep an eye on assists, goals, and performances, often finding players that my scouts might not have picked up. I do the same for continental and international tournaments, and many a youngster has been plucked from and u19 tournament having performed well and been scouted as a result.

Secondly, since it seems not obvious to a small minority. Players can be imported into FM shortlists by simply copying and pasting into the search box. There really isn't a need to wait four or five days for someone to do ther work for you. Especially when it gets some people so hysterical. :D

I like the screen showing analysis of shots and passes etc. during a game.

You can see where some players are being ineffectual. If you've set your crossing to be Floaters and you're tall striker has only one header out of 5 by half time with 10 crosses then I would consider changing up to a drill cross and turn the other striker into a poacher.

I think it's great for analysing where you're going wrong especially against other teams. If you can see that they're getting too many shots on or too many through balls you might consider throwing on a sweeper or a defensive midfielder to quash that threat. Or push higher up and ask your keeper to play a more sweeper like role.

really helps.

I still don't know what screenflow is or anything :rolleyes:

I have around 25 active leagues, how do I get the statistics up please? :D

Go to (in your case) Man Utd in the toolbar (?) and in the drop down you'll see team settings.

From Team settings you can pick leagues, and the kind of info you want. So I might choose:

Comp: African Cup of Nations

Screen: Player Stats

Minimum Interval: Every Week

Scope: During Competition

Comp: Ligue 1

Screen: League Table

Minimum Interval: Every Month

Scope: During Competition

To give you an idea I see every leaague table in my game (25+) once a month along with players stats, and team stats.

I also see the Stats and Awards from major short tournaments 'Upon Completion' - WC for example.

You get to see fixtures and results by subscribing to stuff and checking matches in manage subscriptions, but getting a 'screen flow' of stats from stuff is awesome, and the monthly league table update really addds something to the game.

I like the screen showing analysis of shots and passes etc. during a game.

You can see where some players are being ineffectual. If you've set your crossing to be Floaters and you're tall striker has only one header out of 5 by half time with 10 crosses then I would consider changing up to a drill cross and turn the other striker into a poacher.

I think it's great for analysing where you're going wrong especially against other teams. If you can see that they're getting too many shots on or too many through balls you might consider throwing on a sweeper or a defensive midfielder to quash that threat. Or push higher up and ask your keeper to play a more sweeper like role.

really helps.

This too, I was struggling last night to establish why Carragher had won ALL his headers and Skrtel had won a single header in 20.

Of course, it still took me 10 minutes to mutter "Tottenham. Crouch. Doh!" :D

That is brilliant thanks Indi :)

I would of never known how to do that.

Then my work here is done for verily I am fulfilled :D

You'll note that when comps are not running, some of the screens don't show, but it's such a cool way to enjoy a world game rather than a tunnel visioned UK based one.

I used to normally only check the final statistics. Like check goalscorers at the end of season, top rated and all that. :thup: Will make my game a lot better!

The word Hero is commonly thrown around these days, but you my friend.. are a hero :p

I used to normally only check the final statistics. Like check goalscorers at the end of season, top rated and all that. :thup: Will make my game a lot better!

The word Hero is commonly thrown around these days, but you my friend.. are a hero :p

You have self proclaimed yourself a hero before Ty, but Indi, I think he means it ;)

Analysis while in the game? How do you do that?

Split Screen? Or is that just at half time?

You have self proclaimed yourself a hero before Ty, but Indi, I think he means it ;)

He means it until I drag myself back onto Modern Warfare II tonight and regain my killing prowess on his ass. :D

Could you find me the FM09 thread you are referring to ?

I've honestly tried to find it, but can't, it's likely not been touched since last September.

Archived