Pitch condition (stadium is used more than one team)

Tried to find the answer on the community, no success.

Does the condition and wear of the pitch depend on the number of teams using it during the season?

For example if 2-3 teams use the same stadium for their home matches does this mean that the pitch on that stadium will exaust 2-3 times faster?

And secondly if two or more teams use the same pitch and both play home match at the same time which team will play on their main arena and which will be forced to go the reserve pitch?

Thanks. :)

Does the condition and wear of the pitch depend on the number of teams using it during the season?

For example if 2-3 teams use the same stadium for their home matches does this mean that the pitch on that stadium will exaust 2-3 times faster?

And secondly if two or more teams use the same pitch and both play home match at the same time which team will play on their main arena and which will be forced to go the reserve pitch?

Well i play as FC United of Manchester who ground share wi th Bury. And i have yet to see either of them play a game on a reserve pitch. What i do see though is that quite early in the season, the pitch is in an absolute mess, so yes, i would say that having 2 teams playing is v detrimental to its condition.

I don't get what you mean here. If you're talking about 2 teams sharing a stadium, and asking who will play at the venue they share if they're at home at the same time - then, it won't happen, as fixtures are always designed so only one plays 'at home' at a time.

Oh, and, not sure about FM, but IRL the pitch tends to deteriorate quite badly if there are two tenants.

Archived