Your most unlucky elimination

Well I just had mine and I'm completely stunned how this could happen.

Leverkusenheenkansenwasted.png

Leverkusenterugkansenwasted.png

I didn't lose a home game for over a season, ok I had to use my backup keeper, but he's good, I let him play a lot of matches, complete team fail ... and it's just the 1/8th final. Real and Inter are also eliminated, Barca needed penalties, this hasn't happened since I started this game (11th season). I smell conspiracy !

actually, from the 2nd leg stats...my feeling is you should not feel shock at all. Please see explanation below:

1) Shot - you may have 22 shots, but only 7 on targets...Lev though only managed 6 shots, but they have 5 shots on target. poor finishing day for your strikers.

2) possession - Lev have 51% as compared to yours 49%

3) passes - again higher percentage for Lev than yours.

4) tackle - Lev won more

5) crosses / headers won - again another wasteful area for your team...you have higher crosses completed percentage and higher headers won, yet your strikers can;t really convert them into goals...

actually, from the 2nd leg stats...my feeling is you should not feel shock at all. Please see explanation below:

1) Shot - you may have 22 shots, but only 7 on targets...Lev though only managed 6 shots, but they have 5 shots on target. poor finishing day for your strikers.

2) possession - Lev have 51% as compared to yours 49%

3) passes - again higher percentage for Lev than yours.

4) tackle - Lev won more

5) crosses / headers won - again another wasteful area for your team...you have higher crosses completed percentage and higher headers won, yet your strikers can;t really convert them into goals...

Well my strikers are pretty much the best you can get, so it's really 2x an offday. I don't have to train them on heading or finishign anymore as they barely can improve :p I order my wingers not to try long shots mostly, also a bad day of them. For some reason my team always has least tackle %, it's not the defence but my wingers and other attacking playes that tackle a lot and lose most of them logically, never found a way to tell them they shouldn't do all the tackling lol. And yes the possession in the home game just shows the whole team failed as a unit, worst timing, should have won 0-2 or 0-3 at least in teh away game as there they at least played :p

I know that most of the shots are off target, but 2x a bad day pretty much sucks :s

I didn't have much option in team talks, and I'm convinced those are more important than tactics nowadays, I couldn't pick 'expect a win' else I would have done that, I just picked the best I could, and it wasn't 'Warn against complacency' as that is asking for trouble.

It's actually the first time I feel a downside to tall strikers, normally it's always a bonus, just today they ruined all headers and didn't use their feet or something.

unluckiest elimination i ever suffered was on 10.2 when i won a penalty shoot-out in the Ukrainian cup but then after the game it said i lost. :mad:

That bug was so annoying.

I think any last minute away goal knocking you out is a pain. Countless times it's happened over the years.

In a recent game I had two perfectly good goals of my own ruled out. I did the post match rant and whoever it was said nothing (think it was the FA), a sure sign of guilt!

Archived