Crazy Defending

Well i was going swimmingly in my latest match, 3-1 and 2 minutes of normal time to go.

One of my players gets injured but its ok we'll be fine. Straight to the 91st minute, the opposition as a shot which my keeper dives for and it hits the post, rebounds back to my defender who decides to pass it into the empty net whilst my keeper is still down at the other side of the goal not even aware of what is going on behind him.

owngoal.gif

Sorry about the qaulity of the picture, i'm not much good at cropping animated images etc. But you can see what happened.

Then to make it worse, the same defender looses his man in the area, who gets a free header and heads it into the top corner.

David Wright i take my hat off to you. :-)

I'm not too fussed, i found it more funny than anything. I don't mean to say its 'unrealitic' it could easily happen in real life, the other teams ends up down to 10 men as result of using all their subs so the other side decide to go at them and end up getting the draw.

But you think FM could make look a little bit more realistic that the AI is going to nick a point, than my own defender deciding to pass it in to a empty net, especially when he can see right infront of him that the net is empty and the ball is not moving fast so he could easily kick it out for a corner, haha.

I think they way he kicks it, is like he his passing it back to the Keeper, which happens in real life when a player as not got his head up.

But he as his head up the whole time, plus he his running into the box facing the goal so he can clearly see my keeper as dove for the shot and that my goal is wide open as the ball cannons back off the bar. So he knew exactly where the keeper was. :D

48294006.jpg

First ever time i've had it happen though, in all my time of playing FM10. :)

Archived