does real madrid and man city always beat you to signings?

it seems that in my man utd save, real madrid and man city always end up beating me to players signature

city snatch modric, otomendi, and prosenik

as for real madrid, they snatch pato, edison cavini, and defender brueno

it is seriously ****ing me off

is there any idea why they would move to their clubs instead of mine?

and what kind of players increase my shirt sales?

is there any idea why they would move to their clubs instead of mine?

For Real Madrid i think they have a bigger rep on the game than Man Utd so that could be why.

But for City, are you offering the players the contract that they ask for?

If you offer them less than what they ask for they will go to another team, sometimes even if you offer them what they are asking for they still join another team.

So to be sure, if it's a player i really want and other teams have put a bid in for him, i always offer the player more than what he's requesting and give them a large signing on fee. 9 times out of 10 they will join me.

I.e If a player is requesting 50k a week and a 2 million signing on fee, i offer him 57k a week and a 3 million signing on fee. :)

Its all about money my friend. ;)

Also the squad status you're offering can factor into it. I've seen players go to a smaller club where they're a 'First Team' player rather than come to mine where they're a 'Backup' or 'Rotation' player.

It does happen I got sandro as tottenham over barcelona I think it helped that spurs were his clubs parent club tho

I managed to get Sandro for Spurs aswell and beat Arsenal to him....Think I may have gone over the top on wages though which is why ;)

I really hope Man City don't make Champs League IRL, simply because I think they'll buy up all the best players in Europe and win the Champs league by basically buying it.

I hope to good God they don't make it for the sake of football and that it's not like how it is in the game.

I had a thread only a while ago (last week-ish) about how Man City are greedy.

I've no problem with Real Madrid buying players, they're well established as one of the best teams in Europe. But I thought that players in FM10 would have a little sense and pride and loyalty, but yet Man City seemingly can buy whomever they want.

I really hope Man City don't make Champs League IRL, simply because I think they'll buy up all the best players in Europe and win the Champs league by basically buying it.

I hope to good God they don't make it for the sake of football and that it's not like how it is in the game.

I had a thread only a while ago (last week-ish) about how Man City are greedy.

I've no problem with Real Madrid buying players, they're well established as one of the best teams in Europe. But I thought that players in FM10 would have a little sense and pride and loyalty, but yet Man City seemingly can buy whomever they want.

That worries me as well but on the other hand it never worked for Chelsea.

Well I'm Juve in 2020, with insane world reputation, Man City is sometimes playing EURO Cup. Even now a player chose Man City above me... It's just the money really, he wanted 200k per month, so I offered 250k as I know there were other teams interested. He went to City, earning 475k per month ... I mean he asked 200k !! Now he's stuck at a team ending 10th-6th every season, hope they don't qualify next seasons so he gets ****ed.

That worries me as well but on the other hand it never worked for Chelsea.

Two league titles? But then again before chelski were bought they were up around 4th place most seasons anyway.

But no doubt their cash flow was a major influence in their success.

I just hope there's only a few "sell outs" in the world of football.

Modern footballers are all massively greedy (I mean come on, they do something for 100 grand a week that doesn't even warrant 100 quid a week). So I suspect the majority are also sell-outs.

For Real Madrid i think they have a bigger rep on the game than Man Utd so that could be why.

But for City, are you offering the players the contract that they ask for?

If you offer them less than what they ask for they will go to another team, sometimes even if you offer them what they are asking for they still join another team.

So to be sure, if it's a player i really want and other teams have put a bid in for him, i always offer the player more than what he's requesting and give them a large signing on fee. 9 times out of 10 they will join me.

I.e If a player is requesting 50k a week and a 2 million signing on fee, i offer him 57k a week and a 3 million signing on fee. :)

Barker is correct in what he is saying here but I found an exception to his rule yesterday......... so my scout digs up an Italian regen with 4 and half stars potential both me (Portsmouth) and The Mighty Liverpool table equal bids of 2.3 million. Before you say "yeah but your pompey", I am in my 3rd season and doing very well...... top of the Premier League, Finished 1st in Europa League group blah, blah........ anyway....... comes to contract negotiations and he wants 9,250pw from me so i offer him 15k and 2 million siging on fee as im thinkn that just under 5 million total for this guy is well worth it.

Punch line..........

He went to Liverpool who only offered him............... guess.

Modern footballers are all massively greedy (I mean come on, they do something for 100 grand a week that doesn't even warrant 100 quid a week). So I suspect the majority are also sell-outs.

Well they have a relatively short career. And what they do especially at top level is second to none. Unbelievable understanding of the game and fantastic skills and talent.

Just as a world class painter or maestro conducts an orchestra. They get paid so much because they're the best at their job. And at the end of the day it's a business they're running, and the players see what they do as a job, not a sunday league hobby.

They rarely say they are going training, and often refer to time at the club as working hours, which is right.

Archived