Suggestion - Ticket prices

I wouldn't want to see it in the game. If you start adding things like that where do you draw the line? The day I have to decide how much I sell a hotdog or a scarf for is the day I stop playing this game for good!

It would normally come up in a news item when the board have decided to have a 'Fans' Day' and I would prefer it to stay that way.

The managers role shouldn't include that type of stuff otherwise it takes the realism out of the game for me.

I like the idea of being able to suggest it to the Board. For those that don't want this, there should be a tab you have to 'click' for this feature to be active. Keep in mind folks that even if it's not for you, others might like this...

Not really what a football manager does, this would be something the chairman would consider

as this is football manager I don't see much point adding this

To be fair, there are some things that I just can't picture a manager doing in real life, yet it happens in FM, like suggesting the board to upgrade their stadium/facilities, or link up with a club.

It's a good idea because it'll give you a bit of control over the finances, or you can use it to bring more people to see you play, etc.

How about including that as an option in the board interaction menu. Instead of setting a ticket price on your own, maybe you could ask the board to increase/decrease ticket prices and the board would decide whether to accept your request and if so, by how much. E.g. I'm managing a German club in the second division and my home games are usually close to full houses, but my average ticket price is only 11.20 euros and I have no way of influencing that part of the revenue.

To be fair, there are some things that I just can't picture a manager doing in real life, yet it happens in FM, like suggesting the board to upgrade their stadium/facilities, or link up with a club.

It's a good idea because it'll give you a bit of control over the finances, or you can use it to bring more people to see you play, etc.

Are IRL managers negotiating contracts? Buying and selling players? Deciding what kind of feeder club to try and get?

So I agree that this game is not really reflecting the job of a real manager and therefore "MShing"'s point is just ridicolous in my opinion.

/JB

Archived