What Is More Important, CA/PA or CR/PR?

Basically as the title says. Which is more important to how a player perfroms? Is it better to buy a player with a better CA/PA or a better AR/PR?

Which player would be best

Player 1 - CA of 190 and a AR of 75%

Player 2 - CA of 160 and a AR of 90%

Ive heard a lot said about the CA/PA of a player doesnt really matter. Its down to the Attributes and how high his key Attributes are for that position.

So does this mean that the AR/PR is a rating of how he will be in that position given the distribution of the key attributes for that position?

If that theory is true then surely that would make Player 2 better than Player 1 given that they both reach potential.

Ive tried to figure out which is the most important and trying to get my head around the whole system but im having trouble. Is a CA just a representation of ALL the players attributes across the board with no regards to position but AR take into account all the best attibutes for that players position and then make a judgement on how good that player will be just in the role?

If anybody could explain exactly how it works then that would be great. Or maybe explain it in Lehmans terms for me :thup:

Basically as the title says. Which is more important to how a player perfroms? Is it better to buy a player with a better CA/PA or a better CR/PR?

Which player would be best

Player 1 - CA of 190 and a CR of 75%

Player 2 - CA of 160 and a CR of 90%

Ive heard a lot said about the CA/PA of a player doesnt really matter. Its down to the Attributes and how high his key Attributes are for that position.

So does this mean that the CR/PR is a rating of how he will be in that position given the distribution of the key attributes for that position?

If that theory is true then surely that would make Player 2 better than Player 1 given that they both reach potential.

Ive tried to figure out which is the most important and trying to get my head around the whole system but im having trouble. Is a CA just a representation of ALL the players attributes across the board with no regards to position but CR take into account all the best attibutes for that players position and then make a judgement on how good that player will be just in the role?

If anybody could explain exactly how it works then that would be great. Or maybe explain it in Lehmans terms for me :thup:

CA all the way

If your using something like Genie scout you can change how much you think certain attributes affect certain positions, resulting in a change of CR. Personally I go with CR, as I want the best player available to me for that position, but if a player has higher CA he is more likely to have a higher value. Also it is good if you have a fluid or very fluid philosophy because having players being better at things not related to their position will make a better fluid team. It also may be a better option to have in the team, a defender with less good defensive stats but a good passer and great at free-kicks and long shots could be a very good threat and may get the nod due to his better ball skills.

And CA is just how good a player is, no regards to position.

If your using something like Genie scout you can change how much you think certain attributes affect certain positions, resulting in a change of CR. Personally I go with CR, as I want the best player available to me for that position, but if a player has higher CA he is more likely to have a higher value. Also it is good if you have a fluid or very fluid philosophy because having players being better at things not related to their position will make a better fluid team. It also may be a better option to have in the team, a defender with less good defensive stats but a good passer and great at free-kicks and long shots could be a very good threat and may get the nod due to his better ball skills.

And CA is just how good a player is, no regards to position.

Im using FMRTE. So a player with a higher CR is the better player for that specific role then instead of a player with a higher CA but a lower CR? But the player with the higher CA will have better attributes for other areas which will make him a better all round player?

Doesn't that kinda contradict itself though. Say you had a defender with a CA 160 CR 95, to me that would say he is one of the best if not the best defender out there. So if you just want him to defend which he is there to do, he would be the best option, right?

If you have another defender with a CA 195 CR 72, yes he will better stats across the board but not where it really counts, as a defender, right? Its all very well and good having a defender with finishing of 20 but does that really benefit anything unless he gets forward and has a chance at goal?

This is what has been confucing me. I have always assumed the higher the CA the better the player. Which may be the case as a player, but if im looking for a players to do a job on the field then CR would surely be the better option, regardless of CA.

I suppose its how you look at the game, and yes I know ive opened this whole debate to myself by using a program like FMRTE but hey its my game and thats what I use to scout with. Im sick of having 20/20 scouts telling me a player is great and is on par with one of my great players only to find out he's got a CA 120 PA 145.

It is indeed current rep, I'd guess that PR is potential rep, and I don't see what that has to do with how good a player truly is. There are many players IRL who don't have the rep they should and many more who should never get to the reputation they have. I mean come on how is Titus Bramble still a PL player?

It is indeed current rep, I'd guess that PR is potential rep, and I don't see what that has to do with how good a player truly is. There are many players IRL who don't have the rep they should and many more who should never get to the reputation they have. I mean come on how is Titus Bramble still a PL player?

no its the current position rating and potential position rating

EDIT: I should have said AR (Actual Rating) instead of CR (I meant Current Rating)

CA/PA is effectively meaningless. I think, no, wait, I know Sheer Class thought you were referring to current reputation.

The rating percentage is actually based on attributes and would struggle to be misleading, but CA can be misleading.

CA/PA is effectively meaningless. I think, no, wait, I know Sheer Class thought you were referring to current reputation.

The rating percentage is actually based on attributes and would struggle to be misleading, but CA can be misleading.

so rating percentage is the thing to be looking for then and completely disregard CA/PA?

no its the current position rating and potential position rating

EDIT: I should have said AR (Actual Rating) instead of CR (I meant Current Rating)

I stand corrected, but in my defense I don't use fmrte or any of that nonsense. :)

CR doesn't actually exist as a game mechanic tho...

Neither does CA in the match engine.

CA/PA gives you "perfect" information (with perfect interpretation, of course), so it's more important.

That's also true. However, you can edit the rating weightings to suit your own desires and such, and they're useful for players who play in many positions, and so on.

Basically, if all you want a defender to do is defend well, go for CR over CA. CA is just how many points a player can have on his attributes (if you give a player too many points when editing the game will decrease them at the start to make it balanced). Like you said, it's only good if you have a defender with high finishing and long shots if you tell them to go forward (buy giving them an attacking mentality in "Classic" tactics or buy making the philosophy fluid).

I'd say a striker that scores more goals then a striker that scores less is better.

Atm my "worst striker" is scoring most goals, so I'm guessing I should bench him because he has (pobably) less CA then my non scoring striker?

this is kinda what im getting at. You say your worst striker is scoring but your other striker isnt. Is he worse because he has a lower CA? If he has, does he have a higher AR though?

Then that would make sense. If he has a higher AR then he's better in that position as a striker than the striker with the higher CA. How do the attributes compare?

They don't compare. CA is just how many points they are allowed on their attributes really (basically the best player overall). If you go on RTE, give a player all 20s and keep the CA the same I guarantee their attributes would fall massively until it is in balance with their CA again.

They are two distantly related attributes. CA gives values to attributes, AR just takes them and works out how good he plays them. But if you can find a player with a higher AR and higher CA than both of them, I'd go for him :).

To decide which way: Do you play rigid or fluid? Rigid: go for AR, fluid go for CA. One exception to this is central midfielders: it's good to have higher CA as centre mids are all over the place.

this is kinda what im getting at. You say your worst striker is scoring but your other striker isnt. Is he worse because he has a lower CA? If he has, does he have a higher AR though?

Then that would make sense. If he has a higher AR then he's better in that position as a striker than the striker with the higher CA. How do the attributes compare?

My point actually was: I don't care about CA/PA, or those other abbreviations. Player that is playing the best is in the team. Has worked for me for every cm/fm so far. So why start looking at these stats that have nothing to do with football?

My point actually was: I don't care about CA/PA, or those other abbreviations. Player that is playing the best is in the team. Has worked for me for every cm/fm so far. So why start looking at these stats that have nothing to do with football?

So where do you get your first startin line up from then when you first start a game. None of them have played yet so none can be in or out depending on how they have played.

Friendlies, that's what they're for.

but you still have to play your first friendly. who do you pick for that, and i dont think how players play in friendlies really shows how good they are when your battering teams 7-0 from 4 divisions below you

Archived