Does anyone use ask advice when selecting your team?

cause i do and some time i chose my assistant ray wilkins i dnt agree with what he choses

I wouldn't trust my assistant in arranging a friendly for me, or even more importantly filtering out the correct players from a using attributes search, as often the ones who get filtered out will mean that you miss some real gems, some of whom will actually sign for you.

The asst manager is best left peeling the oranges for the lads at half time

On team selection, never. Always ask their advice on OI and team talks but rarely follow it to the letter.

Most assmans in game couldn't organise an entertaining evening of drinking in a brewery let alone choose my 1st XI.

I always get assitant or a coach to select team, handle Opposition Instructions and Pre-Match, Half-Time Team Talks. I just can't be bothered with it myself and always make bad choices. Assistant rotates my players better then I do so thats why I let him pick team for each match. He only picks the healthiest players.

I always get assitant or a coach to select team, handle Opposition Instructions and Pre-Match, Half-Time Team Talks. I just can't be bothered with it myself and always make bad choices. Assistant rotates my players better then I do so thats why I let him pick team for each match. He only picks the healthiest players.

So what exactly do you do?

I know everyone can play their game how they like, but whenever I see posts like this I just think, what? Why are you buying the game? No offence meant, just my opinion.:)

i always use the assistant advice on team selection as a starting point, then i make my own adjustments from there, for example, keeping a player thats been on a good run of form even tho he may be a bit more fatigued than his backup that the assistant decided to choose

So what exactly do you do?

I know everyone can play their game how they like, but whenever I see posts like this I just think, what? Why are you buying the game? No offence meant, just my opinion.:)

Beat me to it. Same goes for people who download tactics and make liberal use of the good player/wonderkid guides. May as well just be watching someone else play the game.

i always use the assistant advice on team selection as a starting point, then i make my own adjustments from there, for example, keeping a player thats been on a good run of form even tho he may be a bit more fatigued than his backup that the assistant decided to choose

Exactly how i do it also. Just like happens in real life I would ask for the opinions of the coaches and Ass Man.

I never ask the assistant managers for advice because I don't trust them. Whenever I've asked them they give useless advice (I remember a while back my assistant manager said Ronaldinho in his prime wasn't good enough to play professional football!), and I think that sometimes they are actually working for the AI, trying to make you lose with some of the advice they give you.

I never ask the assistant managers for advice because I don't trust them. Whenever I've asked them they give useless advice (I remember a while back my assistant manager said Ronaldinho in his prime wasn't good enough to play professional football!), and I think that sometimes they are actually working for the AI, trying to make you lose with some of the advice they give you.

I love a good conspiracy theory!

I rotate between three or four different formations, so when I change I'll clear all selected players and then ask the assman for his recommended team. It's easier than filling in the positions one at a time, but I'll pretty much always end up changing around what he picks (especially for subs; every assman I've done this with is ultra-conservative when it comes to defensive subs, but since I rarely sub a defensive player out I don't see the need to carry three different players on the subs bench). It's more a framework than anything.

I do almost always when I first take over at a club and don't know the players well, and for the subs, mostly because its easier to fill up the selection quickly and then changing what needs to be changed yourself. I find the advice is usually not far off from what I want unless the club has a lot of equal ability players.

Archived