Is a new patch for fm 08 in progres?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GazTheDoood:

I like it.

Am I the only one? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Almost a great game. SI just can't get the hang of making enough average/good/world class regens. 90% are absolute rubbish

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dar2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GazTheDoood:

I like it.

Almost a great game. SI just can't get the hang of making enough average/good/world class regens. 90% are absolute rubbish </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point. If anything, SI should err on the side of having more world class players than real-life (it feels like the opposite at the moment), because if you look at the overall standard of football 30 years ago, and the overall standard today, the level is a lot higher. Players like Pele, Best etc were awesome, but they would not have stood out as much had they been playing football today.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

Why has there been a sudden influx in the amount of posts asking about a new patch? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's easier to start a new thread than use the search button. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, most of the remaining problems are cosmetic. Rubbish newgens ARE a problem, but so's everyone's so it's not THAT big a deal.

I like it.

I love it too. you are not alone.

Just want to add I love it, first time I've been addicted like this for a few versions, however i agree with regens, didn;t mention it in my discussion(cheap plug) as I assumed it had been covered. Doesn;t ruin it for me though as I just think if I can;t find any good players the computer can't either, lol.

Is it legal for SI to release the game with so many bugs? The game is acceptable now and its always a fun game but if FM09 has as many bugs as FM08 I would be interested in seeing what consumer watchdog type organisations have to say.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

Is it legal for SI to release the game with so many bugs? The game is acceptable now and its always a fun game but if FM09 has as many bugs as FM08 I would be interested in seeing what consumer watchdog type organisations have to say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You dont play many PC Games do you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

Is it legal for SI to release the game with so many bugs? The game is acceptable now and its always a fun game but if FM09 has as many bugs as FM08 I would be interested in seeing what consumer watchdog type organisations have to say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You dont play many PC Games do you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a part-timer too so he's been round a while icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

You dont play many PC Games do you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a part-timer too so he's been round a while icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't mean he plays a lot of PC games. I don't play anything but FM on the PC.

And as for the argument about can the game be released with this many bugs then you need to ask yourself how many of the problems associated with the out of the box version of the game can be classed as genuine bugs?

Things like the closing down issue were match engine problems yes, but they would not be classed as a bug by any sort of authority. Basically what I'm saying is that there were problems in the out of the box game but not that many genuine bugs. Most of the problems were just things that people didn't like.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jeeves:

i like it, the only problem is the corner exploit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you dont like it done use it, the most a team scores frmo corners in 12 in my game, just cause its there dont mean you have to exploit it

Why has there been a sudden influx in the amount of posts asking about a new patch? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because:

- People bought the game;

- People were not happy about it;

- People saw that their money went down the drain because the problems are going to be addressed in a new version (that they have to buy *again*) instead of in the version they bought.

Is this a marketing strategy? It sure is a crappy one.

Sure it is legal. But, as I said, it only shows the complete disregard they have for the people that bought the game.

I surely hope 09 is not only 08 + some fixes that could be in a patch (like 08 is, in many aspects, in relation to 07).

YOU'RE WINNER!

Anyways. I enjoy FM 08. I find it odd how so many people come on these forums and complain about so many things day in and day out yet still keep on playing.

Yes there are bugs and flaws, but every game has those.

I just create my own super regens with FMM. But not everyone agrees to that, as it's "cheating." icon_wink.gif

Well, you can´t say theres no problems in this game. The game engine seems to have a life of its own; In every single game I´ve played so far against Man U, Rooney has scored some 3-4 goals no matter what I do.

Plus, all players over 32 turns into slow running completley useless crap after only one season.

Not to mention the lack of descent regens.

I´ve bought every single version of this game since 1998-ish, but I think this was the last time. I´m getting too old to play the "wait-for-a working-patch"-game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viking:

Well, you can´t say theres no problems in this game. The game engine seems to have a life of its own; In every single game I´ve played so far against Man U, Rooney has scored some 3-4 goals no matter what I do.

Plus, all players over 32 turns into slow running completley useless crap after only one season.

I´ve bought every single version of this game since 1998-ish, but I think this was the last time. I´m getting too old to play the "wait-for-a working-patch"-game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree- the quality of the releases would just about be bearable if long standing issues were fixed and we actually got some decent new features.

But rest assured FM09 will not have moved on- we will still have an awful transfer market, media, manager and player interaction (include teamtalks in this) that is so poor many ignore it and a tactical model and interface that has little to do with real life tactics.

But SI know they have a cash-cow which is why they felt it was fine to release the game in the initial state it arrived in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

YOU'RE WINNER!

Anyways. I enjoy FM 08. I find it odd how so many people come on these forums and complain about so many things day in and day out yet still keep on playing.

Yes there are bugs and flaws, but every game has those.

I just create my own super regens with FMM. But not everyone agrees to that, as it's "cheating." icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Myself and others have just gone back to 07 instead, though. It's far more stable than 08 and has the same relative problems when it comes to badly integrated features, so I prefer 07 by far.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Myself and others have just gone back to 07 instead, though. It's far more stable than 08 and has the same relative problems when it comes to badly integrated features, so I prefer 07 by far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've gone back too. FM08 really makes you appreciate FM07.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viking:

I´ve bought every single version of this game since 1998-ish, but I think this was the last time. I´m getting too old to play the "wait-for-a working-patch"-game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree- the quality of the releases would just about be bearable if long standing issues were fixed and we actually got some decent new features.

But rest assured FM09 will not have moved on- we will still have an awful transfer market, media, manager and player interaction (include teamtalks in this) that is so poor many ignore it and a tactical model and interface that has little to do with real life tactics.

But SI know they have a cash-cow which is why they felt it was fine to release the game in the initial state it arrived in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and i bet you'll still buy it then? even though you think the games been in astate for years.

on the other hand i'll be buying it because i enjoy it.

Every year i ordered FM from England as soon it showed up, to get it here in US.It has been over a decade like that.

I was paying whatever the price was (for shipping), and didn't mind for once.

Well, this year i did.

I am not going to do that when FM 09 comes out, as well several people that i played with.And from what i am understanding my brother, him and his friends are not going to do that either.I know that's maybe only 15 "measly" people for SI probably, but hey what can you do.

Surely,i will watch forums to see if anything is changed .

But unless, something changes dramatically in FM 09 for better, none of us would be getting it.

We will stay with 07 till something happens.

I also have gone back to 07 and have enjoyed it very much. There were just too many issues with 08 that I just gave up on it.

For the first time, I am not at all excited about the next version of the game and, when 09 does come out, I will definitely check out these boards for a couple weeks before deciding whether or not to buy.

Archived