Somewhere in between 2-3 sot's per goal ?

I have often heard the expression/saying/phrase

That for every 3 sot's irl that you get in a game, you will on average get a goal.

Now on CM4, i used to count how many sot's/goals that i scored, and lo and behold, no matter how brilliant my players were in an utterly tosh division, on average it actually DID work out at somewhere between 2-3. Best I ever saw over 2 seasons of counting was a goal every 2.5

I haven't been playing FM2010 long enough (season's wise) to do any math, but does the 2-3 still ring true in people's opinion ?

You, my friend, obviously never watch Real Madrid before :D

Seriously, I believe it depends. For example, it a striker hits 10 sot, and all 10 straight at the keeper, having 0 goal is not impossible. However, 10 venomous drives towards the corner of the goalpost, top corner or bottom, could easily hit the net for 6-8 times? or even all 10?

You start so many threads I think you need your own forum!!

It depends on your style of play, some people get a lot of shots on target but they are all from distance and easily saved by the keeper. Others have few on target, but they are all inside the box and clear cut chances, so more likely to score.

no it's incorrect. I think most teams average about 1 goal for every 10 shots and have a sot % of in the 40's. 1 in 3 on target probably makes sense for strikers as they generally having shots from closer range but not when you factor in efforts from midfielders as well.

Archived