Fm:2008¬Official Fiorentina Thread¬Back were they belong

Sir frosinone

ac-fiorentina-logo.jpg

ACF Fiorentina is an Italian football club based in Florence (Firenze), Tuscany. The club's traditional colors were originally red and white but were changed to purple and white in 1928; since then, the club has been generally known as "La Viola" (the purple ones). The club usually plays at the 47,282-capacity all-seater 'Comunale' Stadium "Artemio Franchi".

Fiorentina

logo

* World Ranking: 2nd

* Chairman Status: Loves the club

* Star Players: -

* Favoured Personnel: Francesco Toldo, Diego Della Valle

* Fierce Rivals: Pisa, Siena, Juventus, Roma, Lazio

* Other Rivals: Bologna, Empoli, Atalanta, Inter, Milan

* Finances: Okay

* Estimated Value: 57m

* Stadium: Artemio Franchi, Florence

* Planned Expansion: -

* Stadium Capacity: 47350 all-seater

* Reserve Stadium: -

* Training Facilities: Good training facilities

* Youth Facilities: Average youth facilities + Youth Academy

* Continental Competition: None

* Media prediction: 12th

* Squad Average Age: 25

* Squad Personality: Ambitious

A few other good info:

Transfer Budget (Season): 4 535 172 pounds

Transfer Budget (Remaining): 4 535 172 pounds

% of transfer revenue made available: 80%

Sponsors: 3 year deal at £2.18M per season. Ends 2008

Loans Outstanding: -

The club was founded on August 26, 1926 by the merger of Libertas and Club Sportivo Firenze. The club won its first trophy in 1939-40 with the Coppa Italia and its first scudetto (Italian championship) in 1955-56, the club were runners-up in the four following seasons. In the 1960-61 season the club won the Coppa Italia again and was also successful in Europe, winning the first Cup Winners' Cup against Rangers.

In the 1960s the club won the Coppa Italia and the Mitropa Cup in 1966 and were league champions again in the 1968-69 season. In 1974 the Viola won the Anglo-Italian League Cup. Success in the Coppa Italia was repeated in 1975, but from then until the late 1990s the club found itself in the doldrums, culminating in a season in Serie B (second division) in 1993-1994. Upon return to Serie A the club again proved able in the cup competitions, winning the Coppa Italia again in 1996 and 2000 and the Italian SuperCoppa.

2001 heralded major changes for Fiorentina, as the terrible state of the club's finances was revealed; they were unable to pay wages and had debts of around USD 50 million. The club owner, Vittorio Cecchi Gori, was able to raise some more money, but even this soon proved to be insufficient resources to sustain the club. Then, Fiorentina were relegated at the end of the 2001-02 season and went into judicially controlled administration in June 2002. This form of bankruptcy (sports companies cannot exactly fail in this way in Italy, but they can suffer a similar procedure) meant that the club was refused a place in Serie B for the 2002-03 season, and as a result, effectively ceased to exist.

The club was promptly re-established in August 2002 as Florentia Viola with a new owner, Diego Della Valle, and was admitted into Serie C2, the fourth tier of Italian football. The only player to remain at the club as they began their new life was Angelo Di Livio, whose commitment to the cause of resurrecting the club further endeared him to the fans. Helped by Di Livio, the club won its regional section in Serie C2 with considerable ease at the end of the 2002-03 season, which would normally have led to a promotion to Serie C1. However, due to the bizarre Caso Catania (Catania Case) the club skipped Serie C1 and was admitted into Serie B. This was only possible because the Italian Football Federation chose to resolve the Catania situation by increasing the number of teams in Serie B from 20 to 24. In the 2003 off-season, the club also bought back the right to use the Fiorentina name and the famous shirt design, and re-incorporated itself as ACF Fiorentina. Matches were still being played at the Artemio Franchi stadium.

Image:Stadium Artemio Franchi Florence 15.jpg

Fiorentina Tifosi at the Comunale

The club's unusual double promotion was not without controversy, with some suggesting that Fiorentina did not deserve it; however, the club remained in Serie B and managed to finish the 2003-04 season in sixth place. This achievement placed the Viola in a two-legged playoff against Perugia (the 15th-place finisher in Serie A) for a position in Serie A. Fiorentina completed their remarkable comeback by winning the match 2-1 on aggregate, with both goals scored by Enrico Fantini, to gain promotion back to Serie A. In their first season back in Italian football's top flight, the club struggled to avoid relegation, securing survival only on the last day of the season, and avoiding a relegation playoff only on head-to-head record against Bologna and Parma. In 2005-06, their form greatly improved, and they had apparently qualified for the 3rd Qualifying round of the Champions League by earning the 4th place in the Serie A with 74 points. The combination of Jorgensen, Fiore and key marksman Luca Toni with Frey in goal has proved to be dominant with Toni himself having scored an amazing 31 goals in just 34 appearances, the first player to pass the 30 goal mark since Antonio Valentin Angelillo in the 1958-59 season - which has seen him claim the European Golden Boot. However, on July 14, 2006 Fiorentina were relegated to Serie B due to their involvement in the 2006 Serie A match fixing scandal and given a 12 point penalty. However, on appeal, the team was reinstated to the Serie A, albeit with a 19 point penalty for the 2006-07 season. The team also lost their UEFA Champions League 2006-07 place.[1]. After the start of the season, upon appealing to the Italian courts, Fiorentina's penalization was reduced to 15 points from 19, which was still far heavier than club officials had hoped for.

Honours

Serie A winners

* 1955/56

* 1968/69

Coppa Italia winners

* 1939/1940

* 1960/1961

* 1965/1966

* 1974/1975

* 1995/1996

* 2000/2001

Coppa Italia runner-up

* 1959/1960

* 1970/1971

* 1998/1999 [2]

Cup Winners' Cup winners

* 1960/1961 [3]

Cup Winners' Cup runners up

* 1961/1962 [4]

Champions' League runners up

* 1956/57

UEFA Cup runners up

* 1989/1990

Current first team squad

As of 1 september 2007

1 GK Sebastien Frey

2 DF Per Krøldrup

3 DF Dario Dainelli (captain)

4 MF Marco Donadel

5 DF Alessandro Gamberini

6 DF Alessandro Potenza

7 MF Franco Semioli

9 FW Pablo Daniel Osvaldo

10 FW Adrian Mutu

11 MF Fabio Liverani

12 GK Cristiano Lupatelli

15 DF Ondřej Mazuch

16 MF Jan Hable

17 FW Papa Waigo

18 MF Riccardo Montolivo

19 MF Massimo Gobbi

No. Position Player

20 MF Martin Jørgensen

21 DF Tomáš Ujfaluši

22 MF Zdravko Kuzmanović

23 DF Manuel Pasqual

24 MF Mario Alberto Santana

25 GK Vlada Avramov

26 DF Alex (from youth team)

27 FW Samuel Di Carmine (from youth team)

29 FW Giampaolo Pazzini

31 GK Edoardo Pazzagli (from youth team)

32 FW Christian Vieri

33 DF Massimiliano Tagliani (from youth team)

34 FW Matthias Lepiller (from youth team)

54 DF Manuel da Costa

99 FW Daniele Cacia

So who wants to challange the big 4 with the Viola?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sir frosinone:

you should start 2. mayb if ya wanted t even wat till thurs a i hate being the only person in a thread. icon_frown.gif you wouldnt want a fellow geordie feeling lonely icon_wink.gif

Haha, bribery gets you no where. Plus I just started up a new Lyon game with the new patch and I don’t really do more than one game at a time doesn’t work for me. I will do a Florentine challenge but I can’t tell you when.

Must be more than just me and you who are interested in doing this, give it time icon_razz.gif

You forgot to mention Mutu? He was certainly bagging them in for the Voila before his injury (IRL). Split between weather to do a Fiorentina or Anderlecht as my next challenge to be honest, hmm...

Can't do no harm adding it to the links thread anyway Sir Fros

how do you do it.

Yeah i have loved Mutu since Verona and i laughed a people when he wwas at chelsea and they said i was stupid cause he was *****.

Do fiorentna Hopey youl enjoy it more you no you will

how do you do it.

Yeah i have loved Mutu since Verona and i laughed a people when he wwas at chelsea and they said i was stupid cause he was *****.

Do fiorentna Hopey youl enjoy it more you no you will

Just ask them to put it on the links thread and they should hopefully.

Mutu wasn't bad at Chelsea to be honest, he just ended up getting lonely and caught up in drugs he was and still is a class player. He probably went to Chelsea to young and too immature which is a shame.

I can't do the Fiorentina or Anderlecht just yet still enjoying my new Lyon start icon_wink.gif

Just ask them to put it on the links thread and they should hopefully.

Mutu wasn't bad at Chelsea to be honest, he just ended up getting lonely and caught up in drugs he was and still is a class player. He probably went to Chelsea to young and too immature which is a shame.

I can't do the Fiorentina or Anderlecht just yet still enjoying my new Lyon start

hope ya dont enjoy it for 2 long icon_wink.gif

yeah but he got a really bad press and i think the special one picked on him thats when it wet wrong with Raneiri he is imense.

how much do you start with thats theone thiung dnt know as cant pla till thurs. i gonna tell the board ill win the league.

Shocking eh! You start a Fiorentina thread and you haven't started yourself, well well icon_razz.gif

Would have thought 11Million would be more than enough to strengthen enough to challenge for Top4. Finnishing first? Hmm it's possible, your fairly started attacking opitions wise from Midfield and Upfront, defenece isn't too bad either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Lol, personally I don't get why people wouldn't want to give it a go.

Get it put on the links thread aswell?

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/82219617/m/8002007283

w do i do that would it make a diff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would do it for you if i could edit my own posts icon_frown.gif

quote:

quote:

Lol, personally I don't get why people wouldn't want to give it a go.

Get it put on the links thread aswell?

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/82219617/m/8002007283

w do i do that would it make a diff.

I would do it for you if i could edit my own posts

johnho you nt gonna join me here

Ally77

Amateur

Registered: 12 November 2007 Posted 26 February 2008 16:22 I will do tomorrow mate, got to leave for work now. I'll get on with it in the morning. BTW, defensively the team isn't as good as I first believed. This should be interesting.

Hows the game going.

Just started my first viola game since 1997 Cm2 Italian edition. Been a long time, it was a challenge back then in Calcios halcyon period but now just as much of a challenge.

At moment had a bid for Mutu for 31 million from gooners but rejected. Looked at Legrottaglie but juve want too much.

Won first match at siena - crushed them 3-0 away but looked at buyin nother LM to give option of playin mutu upfront in a beautiful 4-3-3 formation...

-hitzelberger?

- sorin?

anyway wanted kallstrom but too much money but gd for europe...

Just started my first viola game since 1997 Cm2 Italian edition. Been a long time, it was a challenge back then in Calcios halcyon period but now just as much of a challenge.

At moment had a bid for Mutu for 31 million from gooners but rejected. Looked at Legrottaglie but juve want too much.

Won first match at siena - crushed them 3-0 away but looked at buyin nother LM to give option of playin mutu upfront in a beautiful 4-3-3 formation...

-hitzelberger?

- sorin?

anyway wanted kallstrom but too much money but gd for europe...

How much did you get. to spend fter adjustin the budget.

Yes the thread is getting a bit of life now.

I am approaching my first competative game in charge of Viola. I played 6 pre-season friendlies, winning all 6, scoring 14 goals and conceding 0. I told the board that I expected to get European qualification and they gave me a £9.75mill transfer budget.

Here are my transfers in and out so far:

fiorentinatransfers0708pm0.jpg

Aston Villa came in with a bid for Ujfalusi and even though I wasn't planning on selling him I decided that the offer was too good to turn down and I also believe that Van der Borre is a better right-back than him. With the money I got from Ujfalusi added to my transfer budget for the season I decided to shell out alot of money on Barzagli, but I believe that the current squad is quite strong already so I decided to sign him because in my opinion he is the best defender in the game. I also signed Torje because he is a good player for the future and is currently only 17.

I will be playing a simple 4-4-2 formation with Mutu on the left and Vieri and Pazzini up-front. Vieri will be set as target man with balls to head because he has very good jumping and heading attributes.

I hope you enjoyed reading about the first month of my Fiorentina carrer and I will be posting my next update in January but I will regulary be on this topic to see how other people are getting on in their games.

Good luck everybody that has decided to start a game icon14.gif.

Nice work Sir Frosinone, and perfect timing having just started a new save as Fiorentina (without any patch).

Couldn't decide where to strengthen, do I sign Barzagli or Matias Fernandez? In the end I went with Fernandez (unfortunately couldn't afford both on the budget).

Also brought in Aaritalo Wijnaldum, Saivet, Torje & Piatti. Offloaded Jorgensen & Vieri.

Won all of my friendlies quite easily and my first 2 league games went as follows:

2-0W Catania (H)

2-3L Roma (A) - went 1-0 up and dominated, so bit disappointed

Next up is Inter away. Will let everyone know how it goes.

I've got a Fiorentina save from the 8.0.1 patch. I know I won the Serie A, and maybe also the CL by 2010, but unfortunately (being at work) I can't remember my team. From memory I had signed Rosina from Torino, and Menez from Monaco for either flank, and my central midfield of Montolivo and Veloso was brilliant. I also had a front pair of Toni (bought back from Bayern) and Pazzini, with Stancu and Vanitaggio (sp?) as backups. I still had Frey in goal and Pasqual at DL but I think I changed the rest of my defence after losing Dainelli and Gamberini to Chelsea.

Nope i did not adjust my transfer budget. They have been in a transfer pickle for a few years now, and with a recent article i read in Calcio, i was determined to keep ALL of the squad and see, without too many other players coming in (apart from some experience and youth possibly) whether i could match, or beat how they are performing at mo in A.

prob is when i bought Sorin had to negotiate a deal with club but then wages are a v clear problem....more money for transfer, less for wages....

Harryseaess im not sure why u lent potenza out on loan?? he is a utility player esp if u want to put mutu up front. maybe at least get some worth from him and sell???? either way i prefer mutu upfront unless playin 4-3-3. pazzini is good but vieri and mutu sound more like ice cream to me.

target men? vieri is good but look at osvaldo. he has v good first touch, creativity, flair and passing which is gd for takin ball and playin it onto the striker....

got me game up and runnin..

sold : krøldrup(3.5£) liverani(2.8) gobbi(2.3) dainelli(7.5) jørgensen(1.6)

bought : saivet(575k) - wijnaldum(600k) - sakho(425k) - adrien(1.6) - defour(3.5) - distel(180k) - fazio(3.2 superb defender icon14.gif ) marin(400k) - biglia(2.8) - mattock(275k) - olazabal 300k

played 12 in serie A. 9 wins - 2 draw and 1 lost. unbeaten in euro cup so far. soo good start. hope i can maintain the good form icon_smile.gif

Archived