Airdrie on a mission

Okay guys this is not a brag thread and its nothing to brag about but im amazed ive got them this far :) we have already won the challenge cup but thats not special so hahah but im amazed i managed to claw my way into the semi final by beating aberdeen luckily haha

airdrie.png

congratulations, I also have a game going as Airdrie (started 10.2 patch), finished 2nd in the league, 3 points off top.

http://i41.tinypic.com/veubk9.jpg - 1st season table

I've just finished my 7th season, my 1st in the SPL and I stayed up comfortably. Not done brilliantly to be honest though.

League - 2nd, 6th, 4th, 6th, 2nd, 1st and the in the SPL 7th

Scottish Cup - Qtrs (3-1 Celtic), 5th round (3-2 Aberdeen), 3rd round (1-0 Annan), 5th Round (4-1 Dundee Utd), Qtr Final (2-1 Aberdeen), 4th Round (QOS 1-0), 5th Round (4-2 Falkirk)

Scottish League Cup - 1st Round (Livingston 2-2p), 3rd Round (3-1 Hearts), 2nd Round (2-1 Hibs), 3rd Round (5-3 Rangers), Qtr Final (3-2 Rangers), 2nd Round (4-0 Livingston), Semi Final (6-1 Celtic)

Scottish Challenge Cup - 2nd Round (2-1 Dunfermline), Champions (1-0 Dunfermline), 2nd Round (3-2 Dundee), 3rd Round (2-2p Ayr), 3rd Round (2-1aet Motherwell), 1st Round (Livingston 3-2), Not Entered

Thats my overall summary of 7 seasons. Not set the world alight but I think its a fair achievement considering what is on offer at the club and the level of players you can attract.

cool, I hope you go up, although it will be hard in the SPL. I wasn't aware of the three under 21 outfield players in the squad rule so I struggled a little bit having to buy whatever was available. I've just had my 1st training and youth facilities upgrade, they are adequate at the minute so they needed it. Did Dunfermline have a takeover on yours ? they did on mine in the 1st season and had loads of money to spend, they were predicted 1st in the SPL the season gone although I dont think they've won anything significant

nope not have a takeover of what i know of and how much balance did you have to get the upgrades :) ive signed brandy and other players there all young so i don't think the U21 rule will apply to me if i get there haha :p got a feeling im gonna get robbed of dunfermline

I asked at the end of the season when all of the prize money and stuff was dished out. ive just started the new pre season and my balance is £2.63m, only got £300k for transfers and £19k p/w wage budget but i'm sure thats off last season. The upgrades are going to cost between £400k and £500k, not sure of the exact amount and are estimated to take 4 months.

Brandy is a god, signed him on a free in the 2nd season, was on loan 1st and these are my player records

http://i42.tinypic.com/2la4ufl.jpg

I got linked with the Man Utd job, was favourite for it and they gave it to Steve Bruce haha. Still I would of turned it down, i've got a bet on with my brother that I can make Airdrie win the SPL so I want to do that 1st. Yeah, I tried to save a lot of money, I've signed quite a few people. Just got my new budgets through, £1.3m and 18k for avoid relegation. Going to see who I can get with that. I got a director take over, Anne-Marie Ballantyne or whatever her name is now runs my club, not that she pumps much money in or anything. Hopefully your consortium can spend a bit more on you.

Don't follow Scottish football, doesn't interest me one bit.. hate it.

But in the first division, do you play each other 3 times?

I don't follow it much myself, just started as Airdrie cause they are predicted bottom. They play each other 4 times in Div 1 - 3. There is 36 games, 9 x 4.

I don't follow it much myself, just started as Airdrie cause they are predicted bottom. They play each other 4 times in Div 1 - 3. There is 36 games, 9 x 4.

Crap, you would know alot about your opposition by the end of the first season!

I just Signed Tom Heaton and Christian Nade on free's :D

Tom Heaton is a good keeper, he should leave you in good shape for a while. Do you think I should sell Jamie MacDonald (the Hearts keeper) who is 30, could get about £2m or so off him, and get in Jamie Langfield on a free ? or should I get Langfield in as back up. My other keepers are Sam Cowler, starts an English club, Chelsea I think and Mark Ridgers, once again an ex Hearts keeper I believe.

Hmmmmm if you how many years do you think you could get out him 1 or 2 if 2 then do it if 1 then i would probley sell mcdonald and bring langfield in as back up with a 1 year contract and look for a better keeper for cheap not many times you will get 2M for a player you know :)

Archived