Lack of managerial influence

What can I do to make a difference in this game? I don't feel like a manager, more of an observer so far on FM2010. I've played previous versions and never had anything like this. I have got a good deal of players in my first two seasons at Brighton and its not as if I've done bad. 8th place first season and 12th in my second but I literally have no tactical influence on what goes on it seems. I string together a run of 10 games then lose 8 in row and its like that all season. Theres absolutely no consistancy and it justs get irritating. Is anyone else getting this or has any tips at all on how to improve it then I'd appreciate it. I don't mind losing as I usually do start with pretty rubbish clubs but its simply no fun at the moment.

Hmmm, I find that the situation you describe is exactly what I have had apart from when I've been managing Betis, oddly enough. I also agree with your point about not having any real tactical influence on the game. For example, in one game I saw the opposition left back had picked up a knock, around 70%, I thought 'brilliant, bring on your super right winger and have him terrorise that poor injured defender for the next 70 minutes' set my passing to focus down the right flank, brought him on. No change, no discernable difference in any of the highlights. Winger ended up scoring a 7. The left back played the entire game. Just incase you clam my winger is rubbish, he was atleast twice the player of the left back even if he didn't have a knock.

Similar times when the opposition has been forced into some sort of 3 at the back formation, still changing to all out attack wingers had no effect. No decent possession from them.

What can I do to make a difference in this game? I don't feel like a manager, more of an observer so far on FM2010. I've played previous versions and never had anything like this. I have got a good deal of players in my first two seasons at Brighton and its not as if I've done bad. 8th place first season and 12th in my second but I literally have no tactical influence on what goes on it seems. I string together a run of 10 games then lose 8 in row and its like that all season. Theres absolutely no consistancy and it justs get irritating. Is anyone else getting this or has any tips at all on how to improve it then I'd appreciate it. I don't mind losing as I usually do start with pretty rubbish clubs but its simply no fun at the moment.

Do you ever change your tactics? Do you play differntly away from home etc?

lack of consistency is hard to pinpoint. i can say that things get balanced out in this game

Hmmm, I find that the situation you describe is exactly what I have had apart from when I've been managing Betis, oddly enough. I also agree with your point about not having any real tactical influence on the game. For example, in one game I saw the opposition left back had picked up a knock, around 70%, I thought 'brilliant, bring on your super right winger and have him terrorise that poor injured defender for the next 70 minutes' set my passing to focus down the right flank, brought him on. No change, no discernable difference in any of the highlights. Winger ended up scoring a 7. The left back played the entire game. Just incase you clam my winger is rubbish, he was atleast twice the player of the left back even if he didn't have a knock.

Similar times when the opposition has been forced into some sort of 3 at the back formation, still changing to all out attack wingers had no effect. No decent possession from them.

In my experince things work as often as they don't. I was 1-0 down away from home with 15 mins to go, so i bring on my target man and he scores 2 goals. I take off my wing back and replace with a mor sturdy defender and contain the opposition to see out the game.

I try something similar a few weeks later and get hammer on the old counter attack. It seems as though there's no ryme or reason, least of all any consitancy in tactics, but i think this is down to the responsivness of the opposition

In my 1 season with Valencia, I had early on 11 matches unbeaten. Then went 6 or so without any victories. Later on I won 6 in a row, then went 5 without any 3 pointers.

My last match I drawed 1-1 against a mid table, before that 3-0 against clear victory against Osasuana, before that again I lost 3-0 against Zaragoza, which is at 19th.

I just dont get it, I have a good 4231 formation, when I started playing it, I won 6 out of 8 matches, two draws. But later on I just get messed up and has started being extremely inconsistent

In my 1 season with Valencia, I had early on 11 matches unbeaten. Then went 6 or so without any victories. Later on I won 6 in a row, then went 5 without any 3 pointers.

My last match I drawed 1-1 against a mid table, before that 3-0 against clear victory against Osasuana, before that again I lost 3-0 against Zaragoza, which is at 19th.

I just dont get it, I have a good 4231 formation, when I started playing it, I won 6 out of 8 matches, two draws. But later on I just get messed up and has started being extremely inconsistent

You can't play the same tactic every match, because it'll work aginst some opposition but not others. This game requires you be adaptive to your opposition and exploit their weaknessess. Playing 4231 all season won't get you where you need. You should also be playing atleast 2 up top against weaker opposition

And why is that? Why should weaker teams need 2 up fronts? Because they lay low and make it hard to get space for a loner?

I understand that, but there is so much should and should not that there is absolutely no way of knowing what I should do before a match. Its impossible to know what formation to play. What should I play when I shall have 2 up front then? 442? Nah, then I would get ripped for not having a DCM, diamond? Nah, wont be able to use my pace properly or the huge spaces on the spanish pitches properly, 451, nah just one up front, 433? No, never works properly on FM.

Going crazy

Archived