Do you rest your players?

What made you do it when? When do you think, oh **** I need too rest this player or rest these players?

When I was seing that a lot of players even with the rotation were starting games at 92% or 93%, as this is a bit low, doable but low. It wasn't until January when I had played six games in 20 days and the condition started increasing more slowly after the match that I started using the rest button. If you are finding that even with your fittest team that a lot of players are getting as low as in the low 70s/60s condition wise after 60 minutes, then it is time to start looking at the rest button.

If youn want to do the whole team at once Ctrl+click the players one by one and then right click on any one of them then choose training and then rest, sorry for posting this if you already know.

I rest them the day after a match always, unless they didn't play or only played 10-20 mins. If i have a mid-week game especially. Also i have an extended break before the next match, like 10 days+, i'll rest them all for a couple of days.

It pays off, but you have to pick and choose the players to rest and the timing is crucial. I'd say it's vital to do it.

i have never done it. i prefer to use my fringe players in matches i believe i can win easily thus keeping my squad relatively close to full fitness.

Mind you i am playing as Rangers so most of my games are easy wins.

As with others, I'm in favour of squad rotation...however, in situations where that's not possible (i.e. due to injury/suspension) and/or if there's a lot of fixture congestion, I might give the players a rest in the hope of keeping their condition at a reasonably high level.

When you play as a big side you will have a lot of games and so rotation is the best policy but sometimes i have 2 or 3 important games within a small period of time so i'll tend to rest my top players from training and use them as much as possible during that time.

The only time my players get a break from training is when they go on holiday at the end of the season. During the season I believe in a strict training regime.

I do however rotate my squad during busy periods and my training schedules are not heavy so I don't get very many injuries at all.

I tend to rest all players that played, 1 day after a match (Other than Keeper) for the first 3 months or so of a season, then when the xmas fixture pile up comes round I'd be resting them 2 days between matches plus rotating one or 2 positions per game max (So not to upset the continuinity of my team too much), if I'm lucky enough to still be in the cups then this continues right through until the end of March.

Archived