Does this anoy you?

Your Manager of a rather small rep club and your trying to build a squad by bringing in cheap youth players, you spend 2 hours searching the globe, suddenly you find 3 or 4 players you think will be excellent but unfortunately you dont currently have the funds.. Before you know it suddenly some big rep team comes in with a bid and steel them from under your nose..

Best way i find to build a squad with a low lv club is with oldies on free transfers. You will usually find you can get some very good ones attrribute wise who are willing to sign for you even in tier 7 in england. You should then be able to romp away with the leagues until you reach at least lv 5, by which time your rep will have risen and you can replace the playerswho are declining with younger talent. Note this DOES get harder (to find good FT's) after the 1st season, but by the time your players are over the hill, you should be in a fairly decent lg and can attract players via transfers. Good luck whatever you choose to do

Such is life managing a lower reputation club. If a player is actually good enough to play at a higher level than your own, it's entirely reasonable they'll attract higher level attention.

When I search for new players, I simply shortlist several players for each position, then take it from there. If I miss out on one, there's always others to fall back on.

Something else I like to do, is try to get players in on trial first. This way I can see them first hand, get coach reports on them, watch them in friendly matches. I also find that if a player turns down other clubs to have a trial with my club, nine times out of ten, when I offer them a permanent contract, they tend to sign.

Yes it can be frustrating to miss out on the number one choice, but there's thousands of players out there, so there's always plenty of options. :)

Your Manager of a rather small rep club and your trying to build a squad by bringing in cheap youth players' date=' you spend 2 hours searching the globe, suddenly you find 3 or 4 players you think will be excellent but unfortunately you dont currently have the funds.. Before you know it suddenly some big rep team comes in with a bid and steel them from under your nose..[/quote']

I know what ya mean mate.

Usually I cant sign them because by then im massively over my wage budget, so can only offer them like £100 a week (less than a supermarket worker lol)

You annoy me :mad:

Jokes aside, I am never a small reputation team.. for some reason I cannot get into them games.

i was very much the same mate, but i can honestly say that when i finally done a small team game it was amazing, just what i was needing. spending hours upon hours trying to find the right players cos youv got very little or no budget. just so i know, do all of you consider dundee utd a small team? thats the team i done, they start off with nothing like

i was very much the same mate, but i can honestly say that when i finally done a small team game it was amazing, just what i was needing. spending hours upon hours trying to find the right players cos youv got very little or no budget. just so i know, do all of you consider dundee utd a small team? thats the team i done, they start off with nothing like

I wouldnt call them a small team, more mediocre....

If you want small try managing mansfield town, iv just started a save with them, have a transfer budget of 16k!!! :D

Your Manager of a rather small rep club and your trying to build a squad by bringing in cheap youth players' date=' you spend [b']2 hours[/b] searching the globe, suddenly you find 3 or 4 players you think will be excellent but unfortunately you dont currently have the funds.. Before you know it suddenly some big rep team comes in with a bid and steel them from under your nose..

I think most managers spwnd a bit more than two hours searching for players.

I'd say Dundee Untd are a good tema in Scotland, probably about the 3rd/4th best team Hearts being the other strong tema after the old firm. So i dont consider them a small team in the nation they are playing. Also they start off with a pretty strong and young team that can challenge from the off.

Archived