What's your record on FM2010 for winning a title with the most games remaining ?

What's your record for winning a title on Fm2010 with the most amount of games still to go ?

I've just managed to win tier 7 with 10 games still to go. Or with just 75% of the season completed

Got past 100 goals in 28 games.

wintb.jpg

After saving and reloading doesn't count. Anymore threads from you today?

I have NOT saved and reloaded. I never do. I just have players who are probably tier 5, so winning tier 7 is a doddle. DON'T accuse someone of cheating just because they manage to go 30 games without a defeat !!

I have NOT saved and reloaded. I never do. I just have players who are probably tier 5, so winning tier 7 is a doddle. DON'T accuse someone of cheating just because they manage to go 30 games without a defeat !!

I've read loads of your threads where you admit to saving and playing it til you go undefeated. That sounds like cheating to me. Take care.

I've read loads of your threads where you admit to saving and playing it til you go undefeated. That sounds like cheating to me. Take care.

Then if you have read, i start again from game 1, thats not saving and reloading. That's starting the whole season again. A v big difference there

if the only thing he edited is name, color etc then it is allowed

also, u cannot move the thread like that. u must find that thread and post it as instructed.

lastly, if u think he cheated then please link us to his posts saying that

Then if you have read, i start again from game 1, thats not saving and reloading. That's starting the whole season again. A v big difference there

Justify it how you like but seeing as there are no do overs irl this has to be classed as cheating.

If there were Spurs would never have eaten that lasagne, we'd have finished 4th and we'd be in the CL already.

Vangelis: don't think I need to link you to anything seeing as he's posted his cheating just above yours.

What exactly is not possible about this? Needlessly hostile reaction tbh!

I went 36 games unbeaten in La Liga and won with about 8 games remaining - then lost the two cup games and the last two league games; something like that anyway -_-

Complacent idiots.

s8comicrecordundefeated.jpg

R.I.P My "Invincibles"!

What exactly is not possible about this? Needlessly hostile reaction tbh!

I went 36 games unbeaten in La Liga and won with about 8 games remaining - then lost the two cup games and the last two league games; something like that anyway -_-

Complacent idiots.

s8comicrecordundefeated.jpg

R.I.P My "Invincibles"!

for the record, I'm not complacent and don't take kindly to being called an idiot.

Who said it was impossible? I just pointed out that his way is cheating. Of course it's not impossible I went 2 whole seasons undefeated in serie a on fm07 in all comps and on 10.2 my Spurs team were unbeaten for 49 games in all comps.

for the record, I'm not complacent and don't take kindly to being called an idiot.

Who said it was impossible? I just pointed out that his way is cheating. Of course it's not impossible I went 2 whole seasons undefeated in serie a on fm07 in all comps and on 10.2 my Spurs team were unbeaten for 49 games in all comps.

Well, not really. It's his business whether he plays 20 odd games, loses and restarts the entire season. That's not really cheating. Cheating would be restarting at the last save point after losing a game.

Saying that, I can't imagine anyone playing 20 games and restarting from scratch, so yes, he probably cheated but he doesn't say he has so you have to take it on face value I guess!

Guys, everyone has their own style of playing. speople wants to go an entire season undefeated; so be it. He starts the season anew if he fails, so I don't see the problem. It's not like he plays the same match over and over again just to get a result.

Why is it you dont post anything unless its to argue with somebody??

And just because somebody is good at the game, which you certainly are not doesnt make them a cheat..

if the only thing he edited is name, color etc then it is allowed

also, u cannot move the thread like that. u must find that thread and post it as instructed.

lastly, if u think he cheated then please link us to his posts saying that

Edited team name, colours, and name of chairman. Everything else is at it was.

QUOTE "Well, not really. It's his business whether he plays 20 odd games, loses and restarts the entire season. That's not really cheating. Cheating would be restarting at the last save point after losing a game.

Saying that, I can't imagine anyone playing 20 games and restarting from scratch, so yes, he probably cheated but he doesn't say he has so you have to take it on face value I guess " END QUOTE

Well that's exactly what I do in the 1st season (ONLY) of any FM. It would be cheating if I restarted a 2nd season etc again (which i don't). But whether some people like to do it that way or not (of restarting 1st season again from match 1, even if they go undefeated until the final match then lose) it's the way that i like to do it. All i waste in attempting it, is my time.

As I've posted many times people may play as they wish but if they cheat should not brag about it.

Jed your just upset cos I've proved you wrong. I'm not arguing, in that other thread you are just wrong.

I must say you've destroyed my entire life by saying I'm rubbish at fm. What the hell do you know. Have any of your 100 odd posts been constructive? Unlikely.

Tubey apologies for taking that wrong.

To get back to the original post:

I have just won the League 2 title with Bradford (10.3) with 10 games to go (only 1 defeat and man were Roterham damn lucky that night!!!). Got rid of all the dry rot at Bradford and got a few great cheap buys and good loan signings.

Definately able to be done without 'cheating'.

Well, not really. It's his business whether he plays 20 odd games, loses and restarts the entire season. That's not really cheating. Cheating would be restarting at the last save point after losing a game.

Saying that, I can't imagine anyone playing 20 games and restarting from scratch, so yes, he probably cheated but he doesn't say he has so you have to take it on face value I guess!

He has bigger 'thread per day count' than 'posts per day count'. :D xD

I have cut down on the number of threads i start, and i contribute elsewhere too in other peoples' posts.

however it must be said that the search function is not very good at all. Have often typed in a string of words to find a thread to see if it has been made before, and been confronted with endless pages (that in no way represent what i want to look for) to look through instead of just the most likely "threads".

I have cut down on the number of threads i start, and i contribute elsewhere too in other peoples' posts.

however it must be said that the search function is not very good at all. Have often typed in a string of words to find a thread to see if it has been made before, and been confronted with endless pages (that in no way represent what i want to look for) to look through instead of just the most likely "threads".

Wondered why you didnt have as many threads coming up lol. I for one liked your threads as I like many others on here, so keep em coming! :thup: I think some people on here just love to moan/cause arguments...

I imagine that http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=190031 would suffice for that ;) There are doubtless other threads where he openly admits to using run-time editors, exploits etc.

LOL that post is from when i didn't realise that there was a nickname function.

I think you will find that there are in fact NO posts anywhere where i have done this or done that with an FMRTE to give me an advantage, or used this or that exploit, because i DON'T plain and simple.

If i was gonna cheat in any way, i wouldn't bother with loading the game back in from the very first match of the very first season whenever i fail to get an undefeated lg season in that 1st season. (Which more or less proves my point that i play fairly. I see no point/pleasure in using exploits or cheating because imo such ppl may as well play something else instead, but then again, probably not, because they would try to cheat/use exploits/editors in whatever other game as well.

BTW I've got to the 40th of 42 matches on CM4 before, before even DRAWING a game in my 1st season, and STILL started again from the very 1st match because i wanted to win EVERY lg game in the 1st season on that version)

In this context, cheating is doing something you couldn't do irl.

Irl, you could not quit and reload every game you lose. Neither could you go back to the beginning of the season if you lose once. Therefore, the way you play the game can be defined as cheating.

Irl, you could not quit and reload every game you lose. Neither could you go back to the beginning of the season if you lose once. Therefore, the way you play the game can be defined as cheating.

As has been pointed out by others above, going right back to the very beginning of the game can hardly be construed as cheating. It is simply starting a brand new game. Saving the game at the point of match 1 just saves me the time in obtaining the same free transferees who will sign for me.

I went a whole season with all wins.

I won the league at the start of April. I have no evidence of this. You'll just have to take my word for it.

And I won the Champs League final 6-0 or something.

That makes no sense.

That's like saying if I started a save with Everton, then starting a new save with Manchester City would be cheating because in real life I couldn't go back in time to July 2009 and manage a different club!

I can't view a live match in key highlights IRL, but I wouldn't call doing that in FM cheating :p

I went a whole season with all wins.

I won the league at the start of April. I have no evidence of this. You'll just have to take my word for it.

And I won the Champs League final 6-0 or something.

I have done that on CM4 a number of times, esp in 1st season, and with Florentia Viola I even did the ultimate of winning every lg game in serie C2C without conceding a single goal, which was hardly surprising given Florentia's rep on that edition in that division and the calibre of players that they could attract.

As has been pointed out by others above, going right back to the very beginning of the game can hardly be construed as cheating. It is simply starting a brand new game. Saving the game at the point of match 1 just saves me the time in obtaining the same free transferees who will sign for me.

And has been said as a counter-point, yes it is. You're stopping the game when you lose, and returning to an earlier point. You don't view it as cheating, fine, but others do. Don't generalise and say it isn't cheating, because everyone has a different view on the matter.

That makes no sense.

That's like saying if I started a save with Everton, then starting a new save with Manchester City would be cheating because in real life I couldn't go back in time to July 2009 and manage a different club!

I can't view a live match in key highlights IRL, but I wouldn't call doing that in FM cheating :p

Both of you, I said "in this context". I wasn't talking about changing teams or viewing matches. ;)

Even in this context, it's still not cheating. It's exactly the same as restarting a game of Mario if you lose a life so that you can try to play through without dying once. That's not cheating, that's just playing the game.

It's fine to have different views on things, but in this case your view is just plain wrong. It's like saying grass is purple - a view perhaps but a wrong one!

Even in this context, it's still not cheating. It's exactly the same as restarting a game of Mario if you lose a life so that you can try to play through without dying once. That's not cheating, that's just playing the game.

It's fine to have different views on things, but in this case your view is just plain wrong. It's like saying grass is purple - a view perhaps but a wrong one!

Erm, that's not entirely correct, there is a strain of grass (and other green things that are usually green) that IS actually purple.

It's a Taiwanese variety

excuse me but this is the funniest and least accurate post i have ever read! people, don't start a new game because according to this guy it is cheating! also, don't go to the toilet during a match as it is cheating! lol :)

excuse me but this is the funniest and least accurate post i have ever read! people, don't start a new game because according to this guy it is cheating! also, don't go to the toilet during a match as it is cheating! lol :)

I think the point is that if someone continually goes back to the beginning of their season and replays until they go unbeaten then its a bit rich to brag about it. After all if you play 10 half seasons with a team you are going to understand how to use the players and the tactics much better than if you were approaching it fresh, same goes for the opposition you face, you will know more about them than you should. That is why I call speoples thing cheating, but once again (I may just make this my location so I don't have to keep repeating it): It is your game, do with it what you will but don't come on here bragging about it if you do things that are generally seen as cheating. If what speople does isn't seen as cheating by the majority then fair enough, but I still won't give him the props he's after.

Also vangelis, I see from earlier in the thread you got narked about being called a cheat. I can't see any posts that state this and if you think that it was me you are wrong.

So... apparently your opinion is always right, huh?

How about you stop generalising, and accept other people's views might be right over yours? Throwing your dummy out of the pram and crying won't make a blind bit of difference here.

My record for winning a league trophy?

Hehe, in my longterm save with Barnet (played 20 years) the only league trophy i so far has got my hands on, I secured in the last round:p But the funny thing is that it's not L2 I've won, neither L1 or CCC but PL:D Took me 19 years to get my fist league trophy, but it was worth the wait^^

So there's my record: 0 games before season end...

So... apparently your opinion is always right, huh?

How about you stop generalising, and accept other people's views might be right over yours? Throwing your dummy out of the pram and crying won't make a blind bit of difference here.

No, I'm just saying that in this instance my opinion also happens to be fact. It can't possibly be cheating in any way.

Don't be a fool - I'm stating you don't even have a valid opinion here. You're simply wrong. I'll say again; no matter how many time you say grass is purple, it doesn't make it so.

Erm, that's not entirely correct, there is a strain of grass (and other green things that are usually green) that IS actually purple.

It's a Taiwanese variety

Can we leave out Taiwanese grass for a moment! xD)

I'll state exactly what I am saying.

Somebody starting the game over from scratch after losing one game is in no way cheating in any way, shape or form.

I think the point is that if someone continually goes back to the beginning of their season and replays until they go unbeaten then its a bit rich to brag about it.

Right, so if I go a whole season undefeated, would the fact I've played the game for over a decade make it a "bit rich" for me to brag about it because I've played hundreds of seasons on the game?

By that logic, only a player who purchases FM for the first time, boots it up and never gets beat would be able to make a claim and not be laughed at.

Let me try to put it a very basic way.

A guy buys Modern Warfare 2.

He completes the game dying a few times. He's happy.

However, he then decides to try and do the game without ever dying.

So every time he dies, he resets the game.

Finally, he does it - he goes through the game without dying.

By your logic, he cheated!

Words fail me...

I think the point is that if someone continually goes back to the beginning of their season and replays until they go unbeaten then its a bit rich to brag about it. After all if you play 10 half seasons with a team you are going to understand how to use the players and the tactics much better than if you were approaching it fresh, same goes for the opposition you face, you will know more about them than you should. That is why I call speoples thing cheating, but once again (I may just make this my location so I don't have to keep repeating it): It is your game, do with it what you will but don't come on here bragging about it if you do things that are generally seen as cheating. If what speople does isn't seen as cheating by the majority then fair enough, but I still won't give him the props he's after.

Also vangelis, I see from earlier in the thread you got narked about being called a cheat. I can't see any posts that state this and if you think that it was me you are wrong.

The fact i play against the same teams with the same players doesn't make any difference, each match is different, i could load the same match in 100 times, a million times, and not one of them will be exactly the same.

So if I go behind in a match, it is up to my tactics, shouts, substitutions etc to try and remedy the situation and get a win or draw. I don't in depth study what the opposition players are doing in any given game.

Therefore I can't see how playing the 1st season over and over again to try and go undefeated in the lg can be construed as cheating.

I use no exploits in the ME (even when they are used against me, such as super penalties and the corner to guy outside box trick on 10.2). I use no AI exploits to obtain an advantage for my team wrt increasing budgets, obtaining sugar daddies etc. I just play the game as it is. And i use no editors to change stats etc.

In the past I played CM beyond the 1st season even when losing quite a few games and winning the title, but after I realised (with Florentia Viola in CM4) that it could be done without losing, then in the 1st season that is what i have always aimed for.

All i ever waste in attempting, is my time. And for the record, the very next match after the OP screenshot, the 31st game, I lost at home 0-3. So yup, guessed it, have now started again :D

No, I'm just saying that in this instance my opinion also happens to be fact. It can't possibly be cheating in any way.

Don't be a fool - I'm stating you don't even have a valid opinion here. You're simply wrong. I'll say again; no matter how many time you say grass is purple, it doesn't make it so.

So every time he dies, he resets the game.

Stop being so arrogant. Just because you think your opinion is correct in this instance does not make it so.

And speople, each team on the game plays with a specific set of tactics, that you learn more about the more you play them. Therefore, the second time you face a team, you will have a better knowledge of them than the first time. This is basic stuff.

And surely, as you must have played the entire 1st season through without getting beaten at one time or another, you learnt enough about each team at previous points to defeat them in that play through.

The real point here is that the only TRUE unbeaten season is where you don't replay a single game.

If you replay a game you're only cheating yourself into that achievement. We can sit here and judge each other until we're blue in the face. But only you will ever know the truth that you didn't actually go a season undefeated, as you replayed some games.

Stop being so arrogant. Just because you think your opinion is correct in this instance does not make it so.

And speople, each team on the game plays with a specific set of tactics, that you learn more about the more you play them. Therefore, the second time you face a team, you will have a better knowledge of them than the first time. This is basic stuff.

And surely, as you must have played the entire 1st season through without getting beaten at one time or another, you learnt enough about each team at previous points to defeat them in that play through.

LOL What knowledge of them ?

Virtually every team in the division (and the majority of them in the game overall), plays 4, 4, 2 I have only ever seen one team in this division play otherwise, 1, 2, 5, 2 (Bradford PA)

I don't look at or try to guess what any team is doing in a match. I don't bother with scouting reports, or in match analysis by the assistant because i want the match to last 2 minutes not half an hour

I pick my team (usually the same 11 with the same 3 subs, as i only have 15 good players in the whole squad who i trust), and play the match. If I go ahead, i know i probably won't get beaten and i change nothing till the end of the game apart from making the obligatory 3 midfield subs at HT due to tiredness.

If I go behind, i don't change the positions of my players (usually suicidal to do so) , I just use the same touchline shouts that i have always used 'Get ball forward, work ball into box (to stop long shots), look for overlap, hassle oppostion, and get stuck in'. Those instructions plus my players' ability is usually sufficient to pull back to a draw or a win.

No rocket science or in depth analysis of the opposition involved.

Saying it's cheating to play the same team more than once in the game is like saying

"OK, you've spent your cash to buy (or steam) the game. You have picked your team, chosen your players, made transfers and played 1 season, and then you MUST throw the game in the bin bcause in the 2nd season you will be playing exacty the same teams (if you elected to play in the premiership from the start and didn't get relegated) and therefore by playing the same teams again who have the same manager, and same players (virtually) that you are cheating"

So there you have it folks, according to Vic's way of thinking "We must ALL throw our game's away after one season, because to play a 2nd season (esp in a top division) is obviously cheating"

What utter utter rubbish :thdn:

1. We only have you word for it that you don't use means to find weaknesses in other teams the first time round, and them exploit them when you reload.

2. Every team you face will have the same basic set of players. After playing each team once, you will know more about each set of players than you did before. I am not saying that to continue playing the game after one season will result in cheating in this way. I am saying that reloading the game is cheating. Strangely enough, there are a great deal more people in favour of my argument than against.

3. The fact that you say you put out the same players each game is laughable. Injuries, bans, and the need to rotate seem to have been lost on you.

4. By your viewpoint in the last argument, reloading after every game you lose is not cheating. Good luck trying to convince people of that!

I wish the game recognised that you reloaded a game you lost somehow. And then deducted you points at the end of the season or something?

Anything bar a sudden computer crash or the game crashing and logs being generated, the game should be able to recognise that you lost and reloaded the game.

Or at least, in some way stop you from doing it. I know it's a tad unrealistic. But cheaters never really win.

1. We only have you word for it that you don't use means to find weaknesses in other teams the first time round, and them exploit them when you reload.

2. Every team you face will have the same basic set of players. After playing each team once, you will know more about each set of players than you did before. I am not saying that to continue playing the game after one season will result in cheating in this way. I am saying that reloading the game is cheating. Strangely enough, there are a great deal more people in favour of my argument than against.

3. The fact that you say you put out the same players each game is laughable. Injuries, bans, and the need to rotate seem to have been lost on you.

4. By your viewpoint in the last argument, reloading after every game you lose is not cheating. Good luck trying to convince people of that!

1: Well i don't. It wouldn't be a challenge to me then otherwise. If I was gonna cheat i may as well put all my guys' stats to 20's then i wouldn't need to keep trying to go unbeaten in the lg in my 1st season

2: I have never looked at even 1 of the oppostion players in the division. I couldn't care less what they do in a match. My only concern in a match is what MY players are doing.

3: Not all that laughable when you start with a team who can only bring free transfers into the squad. I have backups apart from those 15, but they are nowhere near as good. Look at my tier, it is tier 7, my core players are probably about tier 5 oldies who nobody else wanted, and some of them maybe slightly better, so it is not at all unconceivable that such a gap in quality is gonna go a long way to remaining unbeaten , For the most part, even with injuries i manage to put out basically the same team each match. There are 42 lg games in total. FA Cup maybe 2-3 matches before being knocked out. FA Trophy, the same. So i am looking at a max of 50 games in the whole year.

As for bans, i have always instructed my guys to tackle normal (means less yellows, and more importantly if wanting an unbeaten season, NO reds, 10 vs 11 doesn't tend to play out well) , and if a guy gets a yellow, i usually take him off.

On 10.2 (which i play) it is only midfielders who need replacing during a match, usually at HT. Everyone else will finish with sufficient condition remaining to get close to 100% after 3 days. Since the days of CM4 I have not bothered with ANY players who don't have stamina of at least 10 and likewise here as they won't be on the pitch long enough to make a difference. So realistically, my small squad IS sufficient to see me through a season without fatigue.

4: As has already been said, (basically) resetting a game (any game) and starting back at the very beginning of it can in no way, shape or form be considered cheating. It's not loading back in a lost match, it's loading back in from the very start. So if loading back in from the very start and beginning the game anew JUST in my 1st season is cheating, then the dictorial explanation of the word and its derivatives the world over need amending to read.

Cheat: To begin something anew/start again from the very beginning - usually associated with CM/FM

Cheater: Someone who begins something anew/starts again from the very begnning - usually someone who plays CM/FM for days then just presses the reset button and starts all over again from the very beginnning

Cheating: Wasting days of time and pressing the reset button.

As independently thinking humans we all have our own points of view. An astronaut can walk on the moon, but someone else will always tell him it's not possible because in fact it is made of blue cheese.

Neither one of them will ever be able to convince the other, no matter how reasonable the logic, that they are the one who is correct

Archived