Managing OM poll

What is your opinion?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion?

• Great achievement
    • Medium achievement
    • Easy achievement

A fast poll to help me decide. My target is: Managing OM (Olympique de Marseille) building the team for 2-3 years and then breaking all the records such as making it the richest club in europe, getting 1st in european rankings, winning the CL for cnsecutive years etc etc. Do you consider all that a great achievement, medium or easy? please be honest!

OM have quite a good team to be honest and are already in the CL(?).

Would be better if you chose Hull/Portsmouth/Foreign team in like Belgium..

I am two seasons in my Paris Saint-Germain save and i already achieved semi finals in Champions League and have one of the best young squads..

Do it with Gillingham imo :D

could i please see equivalent achievements from people that say medium and easy? thanks :)

I said medium - I personally only play as Chelsea and I regard that as an easy challenge. Imo OM is a bit more difficult since your playing in a 'smaller' league.

I would regard managing any club in the bottom 10 of the Premier League as a difficult challenge(as I have never played with such a team and as a result don't quite have the tactical know-how of how to get draws against bigger clubs etc.) And if there were to be another option, I would regard managing any club below the Coca Cola Championship as a fantastic achievement(I admire people who get continous promotions). :)

i think u misunderstood my goals. getting to semi finals of CL with Pari (OM in my occasion) is not what i want! making them the first team in europe means being in the 1st place of europe club rankings, winning the CL for many years etc etc

i think u misunderstood my goals. getting to semi finals of CL with Pari (OM in my occasion) is not what i want! making them the first team in europe means being in the 1st place of europe club rankings, winning the CL for many years etc etc

My experience is that once you have a decent foundation it gets easy very quickly. If you can win the CL once with a good foundation (enough funds, good coaches, good players, good tactic), you can win it 5 times in a row.

Since OM are already in the CL that's not something to worry about too much, and you should be able to do well in the French league to get to the CL next year as well. Being the top team in Europe will probably take about 5 years after your first CL final.

the last thing u said is mathematically wrong! u can't decrease the difference of points from the likes of barca etc

If you keep winning the CL you'll overtake them. The ranking is based on the last 5 years, so there you go. Unless we're thinking of different rankings of course.

no, we are talking about the same thing. but i need 5 years to "delete" OM's older points and 5 more to establish them! being once up there is not enough ;)

WHat I said is that (for me) things always got very easy after winning the CL; hence I said you can win it 5 times in a row. All you need is 5 years of reaching the final to be top. Unless you keep losing to the same team. The 'deleting' and 'establishing' can be done in the same 5 years, obviously.

A fast poll to help me decide. My target is: Managing OM (Olympique de Marseille) building the team for 2-3 years and then breaking all the records such as making it the richest club in europe, getting 1st in european rankings, winning the CL for cnsecutive years etc etc. Do you consider all that a great achievement, medium or easy? please be honest!

id also say medium, if you anyone out there thinks doing this with OM is hard, then just how would you rate doing it with hull, portsmouth, bournemouth?!

what do you mean? that someone with legitimate methods have won the CL with Hull? I would like link to that plz

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158987&page=70

There you go. I see someone won the CL with Merthyr Tydfil. It's not quite Hull, but it'll do, right?

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4987988&postcount=6818

Or that one.

Have fun with OM though. :thup:

It depends really on how good you are at the game i guess. What is easy for someone could easily be harder for someone else, especially considering how many complaints this game gets.

true. just annoying to hear people tell you that you cant win such and such with so and so.

i don't wish to enter to discussions about those results in the ss...

Anyway,... OM will not be my new team as French league has the foreign players rule which i specifically asked not to and someone suggested me French teams :(

I got PSG into the CL 1st season after coming 2nd. Then, 2nd season, i reached the knockouts of the CL and got whupped by Barca(0-0 and 1-4). I came 2nd again, and then lost my game due to computer breakdown. PSG is more of a challebge than OM due to PSG's crappy players and small budget, a mid table club who have barely been in the CL for the last 10yrs.

If you want a challenge go to Serie A, and manage either a mid table club, or get a serie B team up there

Archived