Tactical Finance (or Financial Tactic)

The best way to control the wages is the 4-1-3-2 formation (or similar ones, 4-2-2-2, 4-3-1-2, etc.). This is proven in various theses and articles around the globe.

The reason is simple: You do not need wingers, so immediately you do not have to pay 4 usually expensive players (two left and two right). The revenue you make by immediately selling all wingers is substantial as well.

Moreover, having players characterised as DM/MC (as most of them are) means you can play four of them and keep only two as a back-up. That means only six player in the first squad to cover midfield. To them you add three or four attackers and six defenders (again having players characterised as DRC or DLC makes position swap easier).

Narrow systems then make perfect financial sense and, in FM10, they produce wonderful football.

Indeed, it is a very strange phenomenon that wingers do nothing in FM10. Or, I should say, their crosses are all dealt with succesfuly, no matter their quality. Employing them as inside forwards is also ineffective, as you would be better with three attackers in a row.

Because of the way the FM series are issued, we all initiate three to four saves per edition. This is due to the fact that patches require a new game (not in theory). Incidentaly, this leads to "soft cheating" as it widely known in bibliography. That means knowledge of players and leagues. unfortunately, this form of cheating is so acceptable that even the fanatic zealots forumistas use it extensively, without feeling guilty.

Anyway, back to the point. I recently started my fourth save because of the new patch. I took my favourite Monaco and thought I'd give 4-3-3 (the one with AML/R) a go. I thought "it can't be that bad". Wrong. It is a disaster, although Monaco has excellent wingers (Mollo is bought by Arsenal for 16m after one year).

I am back to a narrow formation then, selling Mollo, Bulot (for 9m), Pino and Gakpe, making a huge amount of money and playing better football. Does that resemble reality? Not really, but that's the way to play FM10.

So there you have it. Narrow formations make sense not only tacticaly but also financialy. A win win deal!

You sir are an absolute prize idiot. You are competing with yourself for stupidest threads ever. I'm not even going to bother putting you right on all the points you've listed above because you never listen and believe that your word is law. But its not. Muppet.

You sir are an absolute prize idiot. You are competing with yourself for stupidest threads ever. I'm not even going to bother putting you right on all the points you've listed above because you never listen and believe that your word is law. But its not. Muppet.

That needs quoting :D

I don't think edgar's answer is ethically acceptable.

Genius.

Get a life mate. There is so much wrong with your OP that it is beyond ridiculous. Where do you get off calling every FM player a cheat?

Every now and again i open a thread and it just really bugs the hell out of me. This is one of those times.

Archived