SI: how about releasing new CM 01/02 ?

i'm serious:)

this fm series are fantastic, fm 2010 is the best game ever in my opinion

highly detailed, great tactic "engine", 3D match, so many options but yet very playfull game

but CM 01/02 was something special.. very simple but you had to understand game, tactics, everything to make a good results

that was a most fun game in the history of gaming.

and would you consier (a little bit hypotetic question) of releasing the new cm 01/02 (or fm, because CM now is other series of game) with exatcly same match engine (with live text), wibble wobble, same based match ratings, same interface and everything, without conferences, tactic creator and everything but with new data and maybe little more options about player searching, tactic instrucions....

i believe that would be great hit on the market 'cause they are plenty old school gamers who would love that game

i know that me and my friends would buy it the very first day

cheers from croatia:)

Good god i thought i was mis reading this thread title but it turns out to be a genuine request.

Why go back, my old motto is never live in the past always live for today and tomorrow.

There's a free download on the BGS/CM website and fan sites have made up to date databases. Your wish, strangely, is granted.

yeah, i downloaded it, but it's not the real thing:/

dont now why but something is missing, games crashes a lot and so on

Business suicide. It would sell probably 100-200 copies.

on the first hand it looks like.. but many i many really a lot pepole are amazed with cm series

i believe that game would not cost that much and could be like only another, added version of fm 2010

maybe they could sell it together for i dont know 10 euros higher price:)

SI don't have the rights for CM so you're asking in the wrong place. Eidos or BGS are the people you want.

The download from BGS of CM01-02 was the real thing though. Crashes don't make it any less so :)

You should go on the CM0102 forum, you can download the game and download various other things to bring the game up to date (changed the player data, which leagues teams are in and the date you start from.) It works perfectly if you're installing it properly.

It's like asking for Wolfenstein 3D when you have games like CoD : nostalgic but completely stupid.

It's nothing like that at all!

Everquest/Ultima were the first MMORPG's i think, does that mean World of Warcraft developers Blizzard were stupid to make a new MMORPG game? you know how much cash they have made from that game?

A man just bought the new England shirt, according to you its now completely stupid to buy the old one!

It's nothing like that at all!

Everquest/Ultima were the first MMORPG's i think, does that mean World of Warcraft developers Blizzard were stupid to make a new MMORPG game? you know how much cash they have made from that game?

A man just bought the new England shirt, according to you its now completely stupid to buy the old one!

Stupid in this case, as the OP wants all the mechanics back from 9 years ago, that's nostalgic, which is always nice but stupid in terms of game development, why go back instead of progressing? I'm talking same company here, I never compared WoW to older MMORPG's, that's completely off what I meant.

For example I like Unreal Tournament (99) still more than the new ones, but I can still play that, I don't ask for a copy of a game of 11 years ago. Imagine if they did that, they would be called thieves ! As SI would be called thieves by most people as they would ask money for something they just would put in another jacket. And they're not stupid so they would never do that.

I'm not sure how much work it would be to update the old code, which SI still own, to a new design (as Eidos own the old one) and to the current rules. If it would not be that much then maybe SI could make a bit of money by doing it, but I certainly see no big market for any such game. No matter how good it is, most people will always revert to the new games with lots more features.

Archived