SI, a simple solutuion to the squad number registration issue (Premier League)

We all know how annoying this is. And I'm not talking about the limit of 25 players as this is realistic and will be implemented from the start of next season.

I'm talking about younger players not having a squad number and losing a bit of identity.

For example I have a young left back under 21 who plays my first team games but I can't give him a squad number as I have others over 25 who need the number to be registered.

I know it's cosmetic but it ruins the game a bit for me having an important player with a BLANK SHIRT NUMBER! It looks silly and shouldn't be in FM in 2010.

SOLUTION:

When allocating squad numbers the registration screen (1-25) will not register if you give a nmumber to a player 21 or younger. So you can give out as many shirt numbers as you like but it will only start tallying up when players that are OVER 21 are allocated a number.

This way you can give as many numbers out as you like and still register your 25 over 21 players.

Simple.

SI, please make sure sure this is corrected in the next version, I hate having to manage in the Premier League now as my younger players don't get a squad number.

This is a terrible inclusion. I can't believe it's being implemented in real life too.

Need to separate the two issues here...

The 25 players thing is being implemented and is fine as most squads have a lot of young players so you won't notice it.

However, the squad number thing probably won't be implemented in real life like it is in FM as the likes of Theo Walcott etc would not need to be given a number and the clubs marketing departments would go mad.

Do people have >25 players of first team quality?!

Again, someone is missing the point.

It's not about the limit. It's about wanting to assign squad numbers to more than 25 players. Like promosing youth players.

I'm not missing the point. If you have 24 first team players, then just give squad numbers to those below the age of 21 even though its not needed.

But what if I have 22 first team players over 21 and 6 promising players that I want to play in the League Cup, for example?

What then?

I agree with the opening post, you should be able to assign a number to your u21 player that you want him to wear without him then being automatically registered as one of the 25, seeing how he's too young and doesn't have to be registered.

Doesn't the League Cup have different registration? Is it really that big a deal for say 3 early LC games?

No.

And yes it is.

But like I said, I'm currently managing a team and have 25 players over 21 that all have a number.

However my first choice left back is under 21 and he doesn't have one - why would I give him one and waste a registration spot?

This is wrong. He should still be able to have a number with the other guys.

Registering and giving away numbers should be two different things, you can register like you do for the CL/Europa but give out any number you wish in another screen.

I don't follow the EPL at all, are there players with a number above 25 ? If yes, then it's certainly possible to do it this way (in terms of realism).

Registering and giving away numbers should be two different things, you can register like you do for the CL/Europa but give out any number you wish in another screen.

I don't follow the EPL at all, are there players with a number above 25 ? If yes, then it's certainly possible to do it this way (in terms of realism).

You don't assign numbers from 1-25, just 25 numbers, any number from 1 to 99. And these changes only come into play next season.

I dont understand why people are getting themselves all worked up over this new rule. Spain have had a similar rule for ages and it doesn't seem to cause a problem. Just wait until its implemented next season irl and see how it works out. I think this is something that si should have done and only included this in the next version of the game.

Archived