what will happen / what is the purpose

a. what is the purpose of having a press conference for new signings - will holding one boost the confidence level of the signed players? I have always decline to hold one even for 90m signings.

b. if i consistently complain about referee missing a penalty or offside - I know I get reprimanded and fined. Will I get sacked by the club if I consistently rant about things?

c. i mess up the player morales, meaning, the dressing room is in disarray and the board is concerned...will it lead to me being sacked?

a. not sure.

b. your players will worry about managerial discipline and want to leave/play crap. I doubt they'd sack you if results were still going well.

c. Probably the same as B. Not sure how you can mess up everyone's morales and still keep winning.

a. yes it affects them. It affects their opinion, moral etc depending on whether or not you hold the conference and what you say in it.

b. you won't get sacked about this specific incident of course!

c. you don;t get sacked about anything. Your rep goes down, team's performance goes down. But at the end of the day you get sacked depending on your results and only

Regarding a), when you don't call a press conference there seems to be no positive or negative effect on players. When you do call one you risk damaging his morale with the wrong response.

However, what should happen, IMO, is that big name signings would EXPECT a press conference. So your new £90million striker SHOULD be annoyed at not getting one.

Archived