How is the CA & PA worked out?

there is no specific formula to determine it. at least there is not one out here.

CA is actually the general ability that a player has at the moment of speaking. For a world class player it usually starts below 100 at his youth years, goes up to 180 (rarely higher) and after his 30+ years of age it starts dropping again.

PA is the TOP MAXIMUM ability a player MAY ( or MAY NOT) achieve in his career. You should note two things here: 1) after the 30+ years of age, the PA will still read 180 for a world class player but obviously his stats will only decrease. 2) PA is not a great determiner as it may never be achieved. I have seen players that their CA/PA were 90/190 at the age of 15 and 10 years later they were 105/190. This means he will barely get to 110-120 of CA ever.

I hope that helped. if you still have questions, ask

there is no specific formula to determine it. at least there is not one out here.

CA is actually the general ability that a player has at the moment of speaking. For a world class player it usually starts below 100 at his youth years, goes up to 180 (rarely higher) and after his 30+ years of age it starts dropping again.

PA is the TOP MAXIMUM ability a player MAY ( or MAY NOT) achieve in his career. You should note two things here: 1) after the 30+ years of age, the PA will still read 180 for a world class player but obviously his stats will only decrease. 2) PA is not a great determiner as it may never be achieved. I have seen players that their CA/PA were 90/190 at the age of 15 and 10 years later they were 105/190. This means he will barely get to 110-120 of CA ever.

I hope that helped. if you still have questions, ask

Thanks it helps a lot:thup:

But then why does Ass Man prefer CA in playing matches rather than stats which are more suitable?

because actually the CA is more reliable. to be honest i don't know how he chooses but in order to understand it, think of it this way. the ONE the BIG the "UMBRELLA" number is the CA. The attributes is this CA divided into more specialized ones. so i think that CA is the most important thing

because actually the CA is more reliable. to be honest i don't know how he chooses but in order to understand it, think of it this way. the ONE the BIG the "UMBRELLA" number is the CA. The attributes is this CA divided into more specialized ones. so i think that CA is the most important thing

Cheers mate.

The problem I had was with two DC's in L1 as Leeds United namely Kisnorbo & new signing Eli Sabia.

Now from what I can gather Sabia has 11 or higher for EVERY stat required for that position so I assume then his CA would be higher whereas Kisnorbo has a couple of stats lower but then has a couple higher as well so his CA would therefore be lower. Now if I take those stats individually & compare them, then Kisnorbo would be the better DC, whereas Sabia will have the better CA so therefore will be first choice in the squad

Unless you want to cheat and use any third party program to check the CA, you could look at the assistant report on the player and compare how many stars they have for an indication who is better CA-wise.

However, as in real life, the player with the better CA may perform worse. Some players may have a high CA but lack high attributes in key areas which lead them to be more rounded but in fact performing worse as a key quality for their position is missing. Using the DC example a rounded DC may lack concentration or positioning and thus cost you 10 goals a season coming from his blunders while the other guy might be a physical beast with great skills in all key areas whose opponent will never score while at the same time he won't be of any use technically. The second guy may well have a lower CA but perform better.

On top of that not only position is important for determining what qualities a player must have, but also the role which can vastly change his behaviour (and thus the needed qualities).

So CA is not the one figure you have go for if the attributes don't match the position and the role you ask the player to fulfil.

Unless you want to cheat and use any third party program to check the CA

Agreed in many things, but please don't call those people cheaters. cheating has many aspects and someone who never checks the CA but exploits the corner tactic is a lot worse. thank you

No way Jose:D

But am trying to work out how do buy players with high CA using just stats available to me via Tactics Creator which is why Sabia probably has higher CA

Sabia has higher mental and physical attributes which is your answer

it doesn't always go that way. for example would you sign a DC with 20 at marking, tackling, heading but 1 at everything else? i wouldn't!

Yea i agree with Vangelis21. The thing is, good Technical attributes doesn't make a good player. A striker can have high ratings for finishing, heading and technique, but if he has poor mental attributes like composure, off the ball, plus poor physical attributes like strength and pace, he will not be a good striker. If a striker really fits into above criteria, most likely he's having a low CA too

Yea i agree with Vangelis21. The thing is, good Technical attributes doesn't make a good player. A striker can have high ratings for finishing, heading and technique, but if he has poor mental attributes like composure, off the ball, plus poor physical attributes like strength and pace, he will not be a good striker. If a striker really fits into above criteria, most likely he's having a low CA too

But a lot of the stats that you have mentioned are in position in the Tactics Creator & that was the point I was making with Player A having stats of 11 across the board compared with Player B who will have high stats for Finishing Pace etc but then have poor stats in Mentality & Physicality. If you compare them as individual stats then Player B might have the better OVERALL stats but suitability for the Team would be Player A

If you don't have specific physical and mental attributes then you are not suitable for a good squad. in general, whoever the player, whatever the position, any attributes in grey (belowy 10) is a baaaaad thing.

Here are two prime examples of this

http://img683.imageshack.us/g/fbiojnior.png/

Now according to the Tactics Creator for an Advanced Forward stats are as follows;

Crossing Dribbling Finishing Heading Anticipation Composure Flair Off The Ball Workrate & Pace

And for the Deep Lying Forward stats are; Dribbling First Touch Long Shots Passing Technique Creativity Decisions Off The Ball Teamwork & Strength.

Now as you can see Gaston Fernandez has below 10 stats in both Heading & Strength with CA of 3.5 stars & when I buy him value of £1.9 mill although those stats will NEVER improve

The attributes highlighted by the tactics creator are just a guide. There are probably quite a few world-class strikers who you'd class as 'advanced forwards' who can't head the ball or cross very well, it's just a nice bonus to have. You don't have to match every single one of them.

The same with strength for 'deep lying forwards', it's a nice attribute to have but it's not the end of the world if he's great at everything else.

Fernandez is extremely quick (contributes a lot towards CA for a striker), useful with his weaker foot (contributes a lot towards CA, again), very skilful and a decent but not brilliant finisher and passer. I'd imagine he'd do a fine job in either of those roles, with the right players around him.

Agreed in many things, but please don't call those people cheaters. cheating has many aspects and someone who never checks the CA but exploits the corner tactic is a lot worse. thank you

Sorry, but I will continue to take the freedom to call cheaters cheaters :)

You can of course use those programs for creating evidence in the analysis of the game. I can't see how checking the CAs of your team for any other purpose could not be cheating.

I always wonder though why people care whether or not others think they are cheaters. I don't care what other people do and I won't judge them as long as they are not playing a network game with me. I also never spent a thought on whether using scouts or editors is worse than exploiting the corner bug or vice versa.

But I won't let anyone tell me to not call a cheat a cheat. Thank you. :)

No way Jose:D

But am trying to work out how do buy players with high CA using just stats available to me via Tactics Creator which is why Sabia probably has higher CA

Sorry, but I will continue to take the freedom to call cheaters cheaters :)

You can of course use those programs for creating evidence in the analysis of the game. I can't see how checking the CAs of your team for any other purpose could not be cheating.

I always wonder though why people care whether or not others think they are cheaters. I don't care what other people do and I won't judge them as long as they are not playing a network game with me. I also never spent a thought on whether using scouts or editors is worse than exploiting the corner bug or vice versa.

But I won't let anyone tell me to not call a cheat a cheat. Thank you. :)

Sorry but i don't think you have the right to call anyone a cheater. how can i explain it, it is not your call. You can say " it is my personal opinion that using the genie scout is cheating". But nothing more. You cannot say "They ARE cheaters" for two simple reasons. firstly no one is in position to know what constitutes cheating and what not, and secondly we should not call names (cheaters) other fellow members. name their action but not their personality. i hope you understand what i mean. Now if you would like to see if genie scout is cheating or not, we can create a thread for that, although it wouldn't matter because people have their own opinions and we should respect both

The attributes highlighted by the tactics creator are just a guide. There are probably quite a few world-class strikers who you'd class as 'advanced forwards' who can't head the ball or cross very well, it's just a nice bonus to have. You don't have to match every single one of them.

The same with strength for 'deep lying forwards', it's a nice attribute to have but it's not the end of the world if he's great at everything else.

Fernandez is extremely quick (contributes a lot towards CA for a striker), useful with his weaker foot (contributes a lot towards CA, again), very skilful and a decent but not brilliant finisher and passer. I'd imagine he'd do a fine job in either of those roles, with the right players around him.

So what are the Main Attributes for each position then if not in the Tactics Creator. That is what I base my team on. No wonder I keep losing:mad:

just put your brain to think a little. they tell you for example that main attributes for DC is marking, tackling, heading etc etc. But what about acceleration and agility? i never buy a DC that has lower acceleration and agility than 14-15. He will never get to the player in order to mark him, tackle him or get to the ball in order to do the heading. i hope you got it

The attribute highlighted in the Tactics Creator are generally a good guide for each position. I'm just saying that finding a player with 6 out of 8 or 7 out of 8 of those attributes is often fine. If you can find someone with 8 out of 8, then great.

Having a good weaker foot is very useful for any player, but even moreso players who play centrally, so don't forget to look at that.

just put your brain to think a little. they tell you for example that main attributes for DC is marking, tackling, heading etc etc. But what about acceleration and agility? i never buy a DC that has lower acceleration and agility than 14-15. He will never get to the player in order to mark him, tackle him or get to the ball in order to do the heading. i hope you got it

Sorry mate but being a newbie NO I understand about acceleration & agility in DC's to cover across, but I do not know what to look for in the other positions or indeed the main attributes

The attribute highlighted in the Tactics Creator are generally a good guide for each position. I'm just saying that finding a player with 6 out of 8 or 7 out of 8 of those attributes is often fine. If you can find someone with 8 out of 8, then great.

Having a good weaker foot is very useful for any player, but even moreso players who play centrally, so don't forget to look at that.

So if a player has 8 out of 8 does that make him a better player than a player with 6 or 7 out of 8

So if a player has 8 out of 8 does that make him a better player than a player with 6 or 7 out of 8

When you say 'have', what do you mean? Like, over 15?

Anyway, no, it's not quite that simple. The guy with 7 out of 8 might have a better weak-foot, and much better scores in all the other attributes. Or (at the risk of blowing your mind) he might just have a better personality. There are lots of things to consider, but you won't go far wrong if you use the Tactics Creator as a general guide to the important attributes, your scout and assistant's ratings of their overall ability, and a little bit of common sense :)

i don't understand what is difficult to comprehend! In short, you need to satisfy the attributes recommended in the game but you also need some other qualities. It all depends on the style you play. for example some people prefer playing with short, fast DC whereas others prefer playing with tall, rock hard DC

When you say 'have', what do you mean? Like, over 15?

Anyway, no, it's not quite that simple. The guy with 7 out of 8 might have a better weak-foot, and much better scores in all the other attributes. Or (at the risk of blowing your mind) he might just have a better personality. There are lots of things to consider, but you won't go far wrong if you use the Tactics Creator as a general guide to the important attributes, your scout and assistant's ratings of their overall ability, and a little bit of common sense :)

Whats Common Sense :D

Sorry but i don't think you have the right to call anyone a cheater. how can i explain it, it is not your call. You can say " it is my personal opinion that using the genie scout is cheating". But nothing more. You cannot say "They ARE cheaters" for two simple reasons. firstly no one is in position to know what constitutes cheating and what not, and secondly we should not call names (cheaters) other fellow members. name their action but not their personality. i hope you understand what i mean. Now if you would like to see if genie scout is cheating or not, we can create a thread for that, although it wouldn't matter because people have their own opinions and we should respect both

I think that for the most part we agree. I will not judge anyone on here for playing the game in whatever way. That's entirely up to each individual and I couldn't care less about how others play the game. Thus I will also not call anyone a cheater as a remark to him as a person or to his personality.

However using information which we are not supposed to have is clearly cheating in my books and although that definition may be debated by some (while I never saw anyone seriously denying that so far) I reserve the right to call it by its name.

Agreed, call the action by its name but again IN YOUR OPINION! i will give you an example. do you know that myself and many of my real life friends consider forums cheating? let me elaborate.

you have two members. Member A and member B. The first one uses the genie scout to find good gems. The second one refuses to use it, calls it cheating and asks around in the forums to find those gems that are recommended by the members that use genie scout! Think of it and you will get my point. It is very difficult to play a pure game when you are a part of a community. coach calculators, tactical theoremes, editor, genie scout, players and teams recommendations etc etc etc etc etc We weren't supposed to have any of those but everyone uses the one or the other!

Chiil and enjoy the game!

So there is no hard & fast rule for the playing the game in relation to stats, CA, or PA then

I look at the attributes for every position and role and judge a player by them. On top of that I look what the scouts say about his potential and then I base my decision entirely upon that.

As I cannot find out about the CA anyway, there's nothing else I can do in the first place :D

But it works fine, no worries :)

you should tbh. an accomplished player playing in that position, he actually plays out of position!

It's not that simple though, a player out of their natural position can be a better option sometimes.

I had a winger on FM 06 that was an accomplished striker, always played him there and scored a lot of goals

The difference between accomplished and natural is often pretty minimal, though. You're talking about maybe losing one or two points max for a few of the mental attributes, I'd imagine.

I always assumed that when it came to playing players in postions then the first thing you look for is 1) Natural then 2) Accomplished, so do the Stats overide that then?

I used to look at attributes, like i used to always sign this defensive mid who had 20 workrate & team work 20 stamina 18 marking 18 tackling 18 positioning.

He did good in the Championship and always struggled in the Prem, my assistant always advised me to transfer list him, then when ever i left the club the new manager always put him in the reserves and transfer listed him.

Now recently i have started using the stars rating, and when i looked on his report screen he only as 2 and half stars,so i used the pre game data editor to find out his Ca/Pa is 119/125.

So now when ever i look for a player i just go off the stars on the reports screen, i must admit i don't find it any fun looking for players any more.

But looking at him you would have thought he would be a great destroyer infront of the back 4 like Claude Makelele, but on FM its the CA what counts and not the stats. So a player with a 140 CA but lower stats will do better than him.

I used to love looking at my players attirbutes and thinking i have got a good player here, but not anymore the stats can deceive you. ;)

43633616.jpg

Archived