work permit??

:confused: what exactly is that?:confused: i know the translation to my language but what is tehre behind it? what is the good thing about the English leagues not having a problem with the foreign players rules when 8 out of 10 brazilian players can't join due to work permit rejections? Why are they rejected? can i do anything? anyone knows the rules behind the work permits? thanks

i think you are mistaken with the work permits and the foreign players rule. in the first case you can't even sign them if they are rejected. In case you do sign them though, in leagues like English one, you can play them freely

You can sign him anyway, then loan him to a club in a league without permits until he qualifies as an EU resident.

This happens IRL, so it isn't cheating but I've never done it myself.

Yeah, or if he starts making international appearances he could qualify in less time.

i think you are mistaken with the work permits and the foreign players rule. in the first case you can't even sign them if they are rejected. In case you do sign them though, in leagues like English one, you can play them freely

Why are you mentioning the English leagues? You definitely can't use players in competitive matches in England if they don't have a work permit (they can still play in friendlies, and I think they can play in reserves/youth matches because they are considered non-competitive).

If an application (and appeal) for a work permit fails, you won't be able to sign the player unless you have a feeder club in a country like Belgium or Bulgaria - the idea with those is that you sign the player then send him to that feeder club for three years and once they've been there long enough they gain citizenship of that nation. They are then considered to be an EU citizen and no longer require a work permit.

To be honest, though, I'd probably rather just let them sit around in my youth/reserves for five years to gain Great British citizenship so that I can have an active hand in training them and giving them proper tutors and so on :) Three years at a team with poor training facilities can't be good for the player, surely, when he could spend five years with my team at top-notch training facilities with four- or five-star coaches in every field, and with world class players he can learn from.

To be honest, though, I'd probably rather just let them sit around in my youth/reserves for five years to gain Great British citizenship so that I can have an active hand in training them and giving them proper tutors and so on :) Three years at a team with poor training facilities can't be good for the player, surely, when he could spend five years with my team at top-notch training facilities with four- or five-star coaches in every field, and with world class players he can learn from.

I read somewhere on this forum that playing time is the most important part of a players traning. If you have a fairly good feeder club and the player you send out is good enough to be a first team regular for them he would probably develop more with them than he would if he stayed with you and got no first team experience for 5 years. That is the case even if the feeder club has much worse facilities than you do.

NB! Don't quote me on this as I've only read it.

I read somewhere on this forum that playing time is the most important part of a players traning. If you have a fairly good feeder club and the player you send out is good enough to be a first team regular for them he would probably develop more with them than he would if he stayed with you and got no first team experience for 5 years. That is the case even if the feeder club has much worse facilities than you do.

NB! Don't quote me on this as I've only read it.

That's definitely true.

Archived