Not bad Scoring Total For A Defender Eh :)

This example is not a bug, Matej. It may be unusual, I agree. I'm a Stoke City supporter and our centre backs have scored 14 goals between then this season (in real life) and it's only February. I wouldn't be surprised if they both get into double figures by the end of the season.

btw, bring Rio Ferdinand to Croatia, let him play in 4th division here. he would not score 20+ goals per season. we would break his legs if we have to, but he would not score so many goals. no defender ever scored just from corners 20 goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matej:

btw, bring Rio Ferdinand to Croatia, let him play in 4th division here. he would not score 20+ goals per season. we would break his legs if we have to, but he would not score so many goals. no defender ever scored just from corners 20 goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronald Koeman ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaD_WeeGiE:

And this is from set pieces from free kicks / corners etc. Never was played upfront.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2553/superdcua8.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you post exact details of your corner set-up please? Looks effective!

How is it unrealistic ?

8 goals in a season ? As someone else said stoke citys center backs have got a bucket load of goals so far this season

It happens, if he has good heading and goes forward for set pieces he WILL score

some people seem to have resorted to complaining over NOTHING on this forum recently.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matej:

this is sick. after all waiting, defender scoring bug. im gonna shoot myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have you experienced it? because i haven't. as far as i can tell it's only if you set up your corners in a certain way.

Well just played my first full season on 8.0.2. Have kind of noticed this, with Everton, scored 18 goals from corners in 38 matches. It's possibly not crazy, Lescott does score a few in real life after all, although in my CL quarter-final, Yobo got a hat-trick all from corners which made me smile! Set up is as follows (playing my own 4-2-3-1 with home/away/countering 4-2-4 variants)

DR/DL: Back

DC: Challenge GK (most of the goals from corners)

DC: Attack near post (some goals from corners)

MC x 2: Attack from deep

AML/AMC/AMR: Outside area (1 of these will be corner taker)

FC: Attack far post

Next highest was Arsenal with 12. However the two guys who got the goals were Yobo (9 goals) - Jumping 17, Heading 16 and Ignashevich (9 goals) - Jumping 15, Heading 15, but Bravery 20 (think this might help for Challenge Gk)

I don't think this is at a level that should cause the hysteria that we've seen on the forum but it is noticeable... Having said that, I don't know what I'd have got with a Heading 20, Jumping 20 central defender!! Wanted to play a striker on Challenge GK, but DC's always have better stats for those attributes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by droog37:

This example is not a bug, Matej. It may be unusual, I agree. I'm a Stoke City supporter and our centre backs have scored 14 goals between then this season (in real life) and it's only February. I wouldn't be surprised if they both get into double figures by the end of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Between them. Not by themselves. And one of 'em was schooled under Vidic icon_cool.gif

Archived