Does having youth coaches affect the quality of your new youth players?

Does having a lot of high quality youth coaches affect how good your new players are, or do they only help once the players are actually at the club?

If not, what are the contributing factors? as my everton team seem to be getting awful regens compared to a friends game, where he has had some really good players come through.

• 4 weeks later...

I think they have some affect, but not much. Regular coaches are just fine.

I will say I have had better luck getting good regens by having coaches with 17+ working with youngster stats. It's always a bonus stat I look for when signing new staff.

I think they have some affect, but not much. Regular coaches are just fine.

I will say I have had better luck getting good regens by having coaches with 17+ working with youngster stats. It's always a bonus stat I look for when signing new staff.

i only hire coaches to cover both youth and firsts training and i never get any good regens. should start spending the money to see a difference!

I always get coaches that can do both youth and first team training. training never takes a hit.

Usually when I have coaches with good working with youngster stats, the regens I bring in have those coaches listed as favorite personnel.

In one save I probably had over 8 staff with 15+ WWY, and nearly every one of my regens listed at least one of those 8 guys as favorites, if not two or more!

no, the quality of your youth academy does.

youth coaches provide a better quality of training in comparison to "general" and "first team coaches"

youth coaches only train thiose under 18.

youth coaches would give advice - such as the corrrect person in the senior team to mentor a youth - that other coaches wouldn't.

Yup, youth coaches only train those on youth contracts, this is good as they specifically focus on just those players, meaning they will get all the attention rather than 50/50 attention with normal coaches. It will improve player development, but not new players starting ratings.

Archived