Kinda Feel Guilty - What Would You Have Done?

OK basically I won the BSN with AFC Telford (media pred 1st) on goal difference a few weeks ago. Ever since then I have felt really guilty because of bloody Windows.

Windows decided it was going to install some updates without letting me know, whilst I was playing. (The box came up but was on full screen so didnt see it!!) Anyhoo I hadn't saved all to recently.

Luckily I play with a 3 file autosave every fortnight so I only lost 2 games that I had played. (won one lost one)

Now I had a thought and decided to play the game as though nothing had happend. I went out in the two games and won one but drew the game I had previously lost. Had another little think and decided that one point shouldnt really matter come May. (I was a good few points clear at the time)

But of course you always get that bad bit of form at the wrong time and it ended up going to the last game of the season to see who out of the top three would win the league.

As I said before I won the league on goal difference so had I saved after the original two games then I would have finished second.

I kinda feel as though I stole the title :o

It was great though, I drew my game and was dreading a Southport win but Steam decided it was going to give an achievment for getting promoted before I saw the final results. Kinda took the excitment away lol :D

So that is my story, my question to you chaps is - What would you have done?

Saved and reloaded untill you got the same result, or do what I did and pretend it never happened?

OK basically I won the BSN with AFC Telford (media pred 1st) on goal difference a few weeks ago. Ever since then I have felt really guilty because of bloody Windows.

Windows decided it was going to install some updates without letting me know, whilst I was playing. (The box came up but was on full screen so didnt see it!!) Anyhoo I hadn't saved all to recently.

Luckily I play with a 3 file autosave every fortnight so I only lost 2 games that I had played. (won one lost one)

Now I had a thought and decided to play the game as though nothing had happend. I went out in the two games and won one but drew the game I had previously lost. Had another little think and decided that one point shouldnt really matter come May. (I was a good few points clear at the time)

But of course you always get that bad bit of form at the wrong time and it ended up going to the last game of the season to see who out of the top three would win the league.

As I said before I won the league on goal difference so had I saved after the original two games then I would have finished second.

I kinda feel as though I stole the title :o

It was great though, I drew my game and was dreading a Southport win but Steam decided it was going to give an achievment for getting promoted before I saw the final results. Kinda took the excitment away lol :D

So that is my story, my question to you chaps is - What would you have done?

Saved and reloaded untill you got the same result, or do what I did and pretend it never happened?

I would have done what i have always done in similar situations in the past, just played the games again and accepted the results as they were the 2nd time around, even though it may come to haunt in the long run, bcos i still view it as cheating if i deliberately load to get results in my favour no matter what the circumstances may have been.

Each to his own tho.

I think it's reasonable to just play it out and not worry about it. You got done in by your PC - happens to the best of us. Not to mention it would be hard enough to reload and duplicate the outcome of two consecutive games, PLUS have the opposition have duplicate outcomes as well! Could take you all year. Best to just chalk it up to Bill Gates doing you the one favor you'll get out of him all your life and move on :D

I think it's reasonable to just play it out and not worry about it. You got done in by your PC - happens to the best of us. Not to mention it would be hard enough to reload and duplicate the outcome of two consecutive games, PLUS have the opposition have duplicate outcomes as well! Could take you all year. Best to just chalk it up to Bill Gates doing you the one favor you'll get out of him all your life and move on :D

Haha never thought of it that way.

Cheers BG for the BSN Title :thup:

I know exactly how you feel. My laptop did the exact same thing and when I reloaded the game I went and won a match four nil rather than the two one defeat I suffered first time around. But I think it is a valid thing to do, you can't really expect to start a whole new game just because of that, and whose to say that if your game had continued without the reboot you may have won the league by a bigger margin.

Archived