Reputation Increase

Hi All.

I was wondering when one's club, or personal reputation increases? I'm a mid table team, who has just got into the Champions League, and was wondering if my reputation would increase as soon as the season finishes, or when the draw is made.

I would hope that getting into the Champions League would allow me to sign better players, but just wanted to know when i would be able to do that?

Many thanks.

i think you have to beat the top dogs to do that. When I first break into Premier league, players like Rooney and Torres will be not interested to join, then I beat them in one season - scouting report shows - will have some interest to join. When I win the league twice in a row, it is now surely interested to join.

but it might take a while for foreign leagues - meaning, I am not able to sign Juventus players (they are top of Italian league) but I can sign Inter players. Barca and Real Madrid players still show - they are not interested. Although I have beaten Barca and Real Madrid on route to my Champions League victory.

League reputation is a spoiler, you just have low chance of winning Champion's League because players always will want to leave, it's an eternal struggle sadly enough :(

In FM09 I managed to get in quarter finals once with Keflavík (Iceland), took me a lot of time to get successful in Europe, but I felt I couldn't get any higher, just because of the league reputation, as my team reputation was pretty high, built great facilities (those attract players) and stadium, but you'll never get your team in harmony, my discipline stat was 1, just because I didn't sell everyone immediately who wanted to leave, as it was like half my squad all the time.

Archived