Do staff attributes improve in any way?

Have been wondering this since 08, but never really actively seeked for the answer.

So, do staff attributes improve over time?

I know in the past I've had one of my team's best ever players hang up his boots and try their hand at different areas of the game;scouting, coaching, Ass Man, managing etc. But their attributes have sometimes been poor to even consider paying them to carry out their new duties.

So, do I offer Mr.Smith a contract to become a club scout for £1,600pw despite a lowly attribute JA at only 10, with JP a measly 12, and poor determination?

Would he learn as he goes along, or is that it, he's as good as he gets.

If this is not the case, then maybe it could be included in the game somehow? Possibly send the players to take a coaching course towards the end of their career, and at least watch them develop into possible members of staff?

Thoughts, answers and general comments!

Its been in the game for a good while, coaches will have a CA/PA rating just like players do. For coaches I found the best way is to have them coach in the area you want them to improve in and that area alone (well I'm not a fan of coaches doing more than one job). But for scouts I'm not sure, I assume giving them regular assignments will improve them.

Archived