Is there something really strange about scoring from corners ?

Just felt the need to bring this up as an observation of something that I am witnessing.

Had a previous save where my main striker had a jumping of 18/19 (sometimes fluctuated) and given instruction to 'attack far post' corner delivered to far post, he scored virtually every one of my teams's goals from corners (and i scored 23 that season)

This current save, he was created with jumping of 17, and i set up the same tactic. BUT I have noticed that virtually every headed goal from a corner so far has been by one of my defenders on 18.

So, naturally, wanting my main striker to score them instead, i swapped their positions for corners, and main striker was now challenge keeper. And STILL the same defender scores from corners.

So I swapped him into 'go forward' and he STILL scores from corners.

Which makes it look as though no matter where I tell my best jumper in the team to stand, he is the only one scoring from corners, even though every other guy (5 of them) have 17 for jumping.

So I ask this 'Irrespective of what instructions you give to your corner taker as to where you want the ball delivered, does he ignore that and just go for a delivery to the best jumper in the team instead' ??

To me, it certainly looks like it.

Archived