Girlfriends and Wives :

Does your better half play Football Manager?

My misses has never so much as looked at the screen when I'm playing it, let alone play it herself. But it seems a fair few GF's play it with some of the lads on here. What's that like?

The only thing I would relate to, is when people that don't play console games often, want to play a game with me, then I have to explain all the intricate button combinations, it's very annoying :D

If my GF ever said she had bought the game and is going to start playing it, I would probably cry, because it would take months to offer all the knowledge I have on the game to a newbie :D

My missus plays the game and I act a director of football, she chooses the tactics, team talks and who to play. I am incharge of buying the right players for her although she will buy the odd youth player here and there. To be honest it is great fun as it gives me time to play the Xbox or to watch the footy.

The only annoying thing is she has bagged two champions league trophies and I haven't got a single one yet. She also seems to rotate her squad very well and it seems to pay off when she plays Gibbs at AML instead of Arshavin or when she play her youth GK instead of Ochoa. I gotta say I really like it, the main reason being is she knows how addictive of a game it is so when I play for hours on end when she is watching TV or on the xbox or talking to her mates then I get no stick at all.

She is using a tactic that I made and seems to be doing really well with it for now, she also doesn't lose her temper like I do and shrugs of any defeats something I can not do ever.

My GF is 28 this year, I'm 25. She has a Wii, but rarely plays it. Just find it odd, a computer gaming couple, I guess. It's something I've never witnessed before in my entire circle of friends. Well done on bagging a 22 year old :D Lucky so and so....

My GF is 28 this year, I'm 25. She has a Wii, but rarely plays it. Just find it odd, a computer gaming couple, I guess. It's something I've never witnessed before in my entire circle of friends. Well done on bagging a 22 year old :D Lucky so and so....

lol, thanks, she was a fair bit younger when we got together not too young though if you know what I mean. Where I live there is not too much else to do really, there is only so much intercourse one man can handle.

I am just not sure if I should be ashamed or proud that she has champions league glory and I don't, bit of both I guess.

When I noticed the title of this thread I thought you were going to suggest that WAGs be included in the game or something terrifying like that.

It's nice to see people playing FM with their partners. Have you ever competed against her on FM, Acidburn? Nothing better than competing against someone in FM while they are there by your side. When I used to do this with a friend when I was younger we'd turn the monitor away from each other to hide our tactics before games against one another and lots of other snide and conniving things. Could be some interesting rivalry if you're competing directly against your gf or wife in FM.

My wife has played CM with me before, she actually did pretty well in both games we had beating me in the league in both of them. That was some time ago though. She quickly got fed up with it as she preferred the easily playable CM 01/02 to the newer, more complicated versions of the game.

My other half doesn't even use computers, and only does under my careful instruction, to reply to emails from friends and family. However she does call Football Manager rather affectionately 'Ron Manager' after some Fast Show sketch from the TV series but that is some in joke between us two shall no one get it.

My wife like to have a little play with CM 00/01 and does pretty well on it too. If I recall she managed to get Blackpool to the Prem and into europe (using my old tactics) plus she can play it on her laptop leaving mine free for FM.

Well seeing as I am girl I have never had a GF or Wife issue lol. My husband doesn't play FM nor has any desire to do so. He tolerates my FM playing as I tolerate his Fallout Playing.

glad i'm not the only girl to play FM :D... i am also in that situation too lol

Wife has no interest in FM and only mild interst in Football in general. The only Retail games she has played in the last year are Fable II, Viva Pinata & Ea Sports Active. She is however, addicted to Facebook games it seems.

LOL, see, I'm not the only one - we need a Farmville Widower support group...

Oh, wait, we're here in FM land. Job done :D

Girl here as well, nice to see i'm not as alone in this hobby as I thought! :D

My boyfriend hates the thing, but he plays with me when i ask nicely :D However "playing" for him means he sits down besides me playing something else (usually FIFA 10) on his laptop and gives completely ridiculous advice such as "hey you should sign Messi" when i'm playing in the Chinese First Division, or narrating my games, with colour commentary, especially when i'm losing.

Missus dabbled a bit after I bought her a laptop in an effort to share my hobbies with me a bit more, but ultimately the whole thing overwhelmed her and she didn't see the point in all the fiddly bits.

She loves football and supports liverpool way more than I do, but computer games are a stretch too far.

My missus doesn't play fm but she is a Spurs fan like me and is well into the sims, halo, half life and now mass effect 2. Many a weekend day has passed with us sat next to each other with our laptops playing our games or arguing over who's turn it is on the 360! Never thought I'd find the woman who could deal with my gaming and football obsessions. Now I have I'm happy as a dog with 2 tails.

The only annoying thing is she has bagged two champions league trophies and I haven't got a single one yet.

You just Suck :)

you shoud play a network game and see who comes out on top, her arsenal side or your sunderland side :thup:

You just Suck :)

you shoud play a network game and see who comes out on top, her arsenal side or your sunderland side :thup:

lol, I wouldn't like to play against her in case I lose it would give her too much ammo. Then everytime I mention the 1973 Fa Cup Final she would have something to throw back at me.

My other half doesn't get it. It seems too complex for her. But shes as impatient (in comparison to other women, lol) as they come. Best bit is shes played womens football for league teams over here (northern ireland) since she was 14 - so thats over 10years (shes 25 now) of actual football, but she cant wrap her head round tactics.

Typical left-back really.

Mrs Crouchaldinho isn't remotely interested, I'm afraid.

It's hard enough to get my wife to come to Clarence Park to cheer on the Saints. She doesn't show much interest in football at all really.

Having said that, she used to play for her University women's team, and she does actually know a fair bit about the game. On the rare occasions that she does watch football with me, I find her level of insight pleasantly surprising. So I think she would actually do all right on FM if she decided to play it sometime. :D

After constant nagging,"are you going on tha AGAIN?" "will you be on all day" etc i pursuaded her to give it a go. she went juventus as she's italian and thinks she knows all about them...i helped with tactics, explained what gk. dc.mc. amc etc ment and she was like thanks.leave me alone it will be simple...after her first friendly she called me back asking why she had got beaten 12-0...trezaguet was in goal...buffon centre midfield..she didn't bother again

After constant nagging,"are you going on tha AGAIN?" "will you be on all day" etc i pursuaded her to give it a go. she went juventus as she's italian and thinks she knows all about them...i helped with tactics, explained what gk. dc.mc. amc etc ment and she was like thanks.leave me alone it will be simple...after her first friendly she called me back asking why she had got beaten 12-0...trezaguet was in goal...buffon centre midfield..she didn't bother again

Lol, obviously she didn`t know as much as she thought.:rolleyes:

Hahaha :D:D

Well seeing as I am girl I have never had a GF or Wife issue lol. My husband doesn't play FM nor has any desire to do so. He tolerates my FM playing as I tolerate his Fallout Playing.
glad i'm not the only girl to play FM :D... i am also in that situation too lol
Girl here as well, nice to see i'm not as alone in this hobby as I thought!

My boyfriend hates the thing, but he plays with me when i ask nicely :D However "playing" for him means he sits down besides me playing something else (usually FIFA 10) on his laptop and gives completely ridiculous advice such as "hey you should sign Messi" when i'm playing in the Chinese First Division, or narrating my games, with colour commentary, especially when i'm losing.

Eh. I never knew there were so many ladies enjoying the game :) - I'd love it if my GF got involved. Unfortunately, like most, she knows very little about Football, and would be lost in FM. For a new player, it's very overwhelming. Quite interesting that non of your BF's play the game. What got you girls in to it? Also, if you don't mind, how old are you? I'd be surprised if you're under 20, for some reason

i had to keep buying my ex books so she would read them giving me FM time, she hated the thing, needless to say she had to go

FM > Women. Love your train of though :D

My missus doesn't play fm but she is a Spurs fan like me and is well into the sims, halo, half life and now mass effect 2. Many a weekend day has passed with us sat next to each other with our laptops playing our games or arguing over who's turn it is on the 360! Never thought I'd find the woman who could deal with my gaming and football obsessions. Now I have I'm happy as a dog with 2 tails.

Ask yourself, edgar, just how happy WOULD a dog be, with 2 tails?

My wife wouldn't play it but she takes a passing interest (usually when I'm yelling at the computer) and will listen to me when I mention a random thing that has happened or a funny press conference and now I'm managing her hometown club there's even more of an interest...

My husband doesn't play FM; he plays golf!

What a sexist thread!

Boo! Boo! :mad:

Alright, enough outta you - don't you have a meal to cook or sumthin'? :D

(Running away rilly-rilly fast lest we find ourselves tied up like a pretzel and tossed off a pier...)

My g/f says she would like to play a game like FM. She isn't a gamer though, but I think the management is enticing to her. Hopefully when I get my new PC, I'll buy the newest Sims or some other strategy type/building game she can play. She used to love Roller Coaster tycoon

My wife hates the game and generally dislikes all sports, apart from diving at the olympics for some bizare reason. Luckily though we have foxtel (what the call sky oin Australia) so i play it while she watches thos awful soaps like Eastenders and Corrie.

Alright, enough outta you - don't you have a meal to cook or sumthin'? :D

(Running away rilly-rilly fast lest we find ourselves tied up like a pretzel and tossed off a pier...)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: :mad: :mad:

I love these threads.............. they are truly one of the best things on the boards. :D

My other half still doesn't understand the obsession to be honest but she has over the last 6 months started to listen when I am raning about my new regen I discovered or how it's so annoying that I can beat the gooners or united away and then epicly fail against scunthorpe or chester at home.

She surprised me a few weeks ago though when I was blabbering on about trying to find a keeper when i had no money......... her exact words, and I quote "why dont you buy that Ocho on that 48 month thingy". :) :)

I swear the only reason she remembered "Ocho" (Ochoa) is because our 1 yr old daughter is hooked on Handy Manny and Special Agent Oso on Disney causing my other half to hear Ocho or Oso quite often through out the day.

Brilliant thread again gang.

Archived