Managing national U21 teams

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't come here very often and I don't remember whether there is a search function or not.

I don't have FM2010 (in fact the last one I owned was FM2007) but I have always thought it would be cool if managing the national U21/U19 etc teams worked the same way as managing any other team. Basically if you could pick one of them from the start and they have the same FA Confidence and hiring/firing process that managing the main senior side has.

So I'm wondering whether FM2010 has that sort of process and if not, whether it is possible that it could be introduced in later versions of the game.

You can coach youth national squads, but there's no single listing (as far as I can see) for job vacancies or status. If you go to a particular nation's youth team, there is an "apply for job" button at the top-right, if the position is open.

I strongly agree that the youth national teams should get the same treatment as senior national teams and club teams, in terms of a list showing job openings & status. Starting with a youth national team is a common stepping stone toward more prestigous positions.

A+ suggestion.

I get a news item when a position opens up for Under21/19 jobs, maybe its too do with your subscriptions. I didn't find them as appealing as I thought it would be. I prefer being the national manager and bring the youth through.

Archived