Youth Academies

On the 10.2 patch, I went on the editor and changed Watford's youth academy to 20, meaning when i started a game, their youth academy was listed as 'state of the art'. However, after 2/3 seasons, it had gone down to 'excellent'.

Is this because all the clubs with the state of the art youth facilities must work to maintain their perfectness? Should I have asked my board to upgrade the facilities after 2 seasons? Or is this a bug? Just curious.

State of the art is the highest level of development, as of a device, technique, or scientific field, achieved at a particular time. It also applies to the level of development (as of a device, procedure, process, technique, or science) reached at any particular time usually as a result of modern methods.

So theoretically you need to invest periodically to keep up with the latest advances.

That said, my Newcastle Youth facilities are still state of the art and I don't remember updating them in many years. So I guess they must decline, but mine have not, maybe the condition of your stadium has an effect?

Archived