No matter who you are and who you play, do you belittle the AI manager before a match

I came across the 'scout report' for the first ever time yesterday and noticed that there is an option to say either good things or bad things about the opposition manager/team before a game :eek:

EG they are going to get relegated, you are going to enjoy beating them etc ?

No matter who you are, and what team you will be playing against, would you purposely belittle the AI manager/team as badly as possible before the start of a match ?

And do you believe it would affect the other manager/team badly enough so that you would find it easier to get a win ?

If i Were you i would not bother with it because there is a good chance it can lead to disaster.

If you get a negative comment from a rival simply decline to comment or be neutral in your response and use it in a different way i.e. to find who in your squad has a weak mentality. If certain squad members are nervous or react badly you should try and replace them in the window

None of them work for me and my players don't like me doing it anyway. I think this area lacks a fair bit as what you want to say doesn't come across. For instance I did a 'mind games' response and it said "XXXX manager responds with venomous reply" or something. It needs cheeky responses or sarcasm, or just plain cocky ones like Mourinho that aren't aggressive.

If i Were you i would not bother with it because there is a good chance it can lead to disaster.

If you get a negative comment from a rival simply decline to comment or be neutral in your response and use it in a different way i.e. to find who in your squad has a weak mentality. If certain squad members are nervous or react badly you should try and replace them in the window

A little off topic, but are you a superman fan ? Your username is the same as Superman's Kryptonian father :D

I used to but more of my players would lower their morale than increase, and more oppo players would increase determination, even in situations when that flew in the face of logic. I know keep my trap shut at least for the first few seasons, until I've become an established name and have been in the job longer than rival managers.

It depends, I tend to only dish out to whatever team im managing's rivals and managers that 'have a fairly low opinion of you'. Other than that I try to keep good relations, aparently it helps when attempting to buy their players

Archived