Would you let your asst manager play your matches for you ?

Cutting a long story short, I am letting my asst manager play all my matches in the 1st season so that it goes by asap and i can see if my newly created game will actually generate the english fixtures correctly in the 2nd season (I had to abandon my previous game due to a weird bug that removed an entire division from england and hence didnt generate fixtures from season 2 onwards)

And I must say that even with better players this time around, esp in midfield, than the team from my previous save who i managed to have an undefeated season with, that his 'performance' has been shocking to say the least.

Half the season gone, and already 3 losses and 5 draws. I couldn't do that badly with that team.

Obviously (at least imo) the AI lacks the same sorts of tactical changes/shouts for the 'tighter' games that randomly occur no matter what the attributes of the teams/players where we as human players would be able to turn a draw into a win, or keep a win as a win instead of a draw.

On the one hand you could say that his performance is because he is a crap asst manager, but the teams he is playing against are absolute tosh, and exponentially in higher divisions, the quality of the asst manager we can attract is higher, but the quality of the opposition is higher too.

Which ofc begs the question, would you trust your asst manager to play a match and get a result for you ?

Personally, at any level of the game, i wouldn't trust an asst manager of mine to ever peel a buch of bananas.

trust him for the odd game but never 2 or more games in a row. Its how it should be imo, encouraging you to play the game instead of just holiday all the time

:thup: I've holidayed a few games (and halves when winning) and the assistant has done a good job. Would I trust him to keep up an unbeaten run or win a title? no.

i wouldnt ever let the assman take charge for a full season, i think the problem is, they tend to pick the best team in terms of ability, which isnt always the right way to play, eg, you might have two really small strikers who are the best attribute wise, but you would surely stick a big man up top against a team like Stoke?

IMO you need to pick different teams and have diff strategies for each game, the assman doesnt always do this

I only ever let him take charge of friendlies, and I only holiday if I am testing something out. I tend to have a good idea of what team I want to put out and even though I have a world class assistant, he might not put out the team I would want to use.

Archived