Reputation (Club and Manager)

So, here's the situation. I've been managing at a little known Swedish club called BK Forward for 5 years now. Got them promoted in my second season and now in the elite league (which is basically like the english championship), I have finished third every year but cannot win the playoffs for the life of me, the gulf between premier league quality and elite league is just too high.

So, that either means that I need to either, 1) get better players for my club, or that 2) I've taken Forward as far forward as they'll go (pun intended) and should move on, now, here's the problems regarding choosing either of those:

1) I can't get Forwards reputation up, as I've said, the premier league's quality of players absolutely dwarfs mine, so promoting up there seems like it won't happen. Being constantly in the playoffs I would hope that it might steadily rise, but I haven't seen more players wanting to join, and any good signings I do make are usually amazing youngsters that I poach off smaller clubs (they usually go in a year for a few 100K to a bigger club)

Is there a way that I can raise my clubs rep without necessarily promoting? There's only one cup, that I usually go out of in the latter stages.

2) If I want to leave I have no idea what sort of jobs I should go for, I am a 'Talented Manager' and my rep is 'National', yet when I saved one time and went for all the english jobs (I wanted to see what level I was at at the moment) not even league two strugglers would take me on.

So is there a way I can raise my manager rep, or at least know what sort of level I am at?

Cheers.

So, here's the situation. I've been managing at a little known Swedish club called BK Forward for 5 years now. Got them promoted in my second season and now in the elite league (which is basically like the english championship), I have finished third every year but cannot win the playoffs for the life of me, the gulf between premier league quality and elite league is just too high.

So, that either means that I need to either, 1) get better players for my club, or that 2) I've taken Forward as far forward as they'll go (pun intended) and should move on, now, here's the problems regarding choosing either of those:

1) I can't get Forwards reputation up, as I've said, the premier league's quality of players absolutely dwarfs mine, so promoting up there seems like it won't happen. Being constantly in the playoffs I would hope that it might steadily rise, but I haven't seen more players wanting to join, and any good signings I do make are usually amazing youngsters that I poach off smaller clubs (they usually go in a year for a few 100K to a bigger club)

Is there a way that I can raise my clubs rep without necessarily promoting? There's only one cup, that I usually go out of in the latter stages.

2) If I want to leave I have no idea what sort of jobs I should go for, I am a 'Talented Manager' and my rep is 'National', yet when I saved one time and went for all the english jobs (I wanted to see what level I was at at the moment) not even league two strugglers would take me on.

So is there a way I can raise my manager rep, or at least know what sort of level I am at?

Cheers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RavenVW:

Is there a way that I can raise my clubs rep without necessarily promoting? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Club rep seems to go up very slowly in my experience. You can try and help raise your clubs rep gets raised by signing players with higher reputations than your club will help to raise the clubs reputation. Try searching for older players who are after first team football but have a higher rep than you club. As these may be more willing to join your club on the promise of first team football.

you might just need to wait for a lucky break one season and either get promoted normally or a luvky play-off win. you could try to get an international job. this would raise you reputation even if you dont win anything.

Archived