European Championships 2024 - Attendances

In my save, the European Championship 2024 have just kicked off. The host nation is Denmark.

Opening game of an interantional major tournament, is Norway vs France. (Technically I thought the hosts kicked the tournament off, but hey!)

A thrilling game ended Norway 2-3 France.

I checked the attendance of the game and the attendance is a whopping 1000.

1000 people for a major interantional tournament match?! :confused: I thought that maybe it was just one small stadium.

But other games have had attendances of 2300, 13193, 11451. Not massive attendances for European Championships games.

I got me thinking, surely if a nation is awarded a massive international tournament, shouldn't the game program that nation to begin to build new stadiums to accomidate a massive tournament, because games of this international stature would not be played in only 1000/2300 fans. :thdn:

So couldn't the game make "phantom" stadiums for major tournaments, maybe the odd one staying for local sides?

Just a thought! :D

I would like too see these nations build new stadiums and once the tournament is over local clubs could apply to use the stadiums as their home ground. It might be too much work to add into the game but it would be add another dimension to the expanding ground/build new stadium

It would be nice if an international competition could act as a jump start for a stadium build or expansion for domestic clubs. God knows we have to wait long enough as it is to get our board to approve a new stadium. Perhaps your board should be made more receptive to a new stadium on the back of an international competition. It would get quite complicated though, as the game would now have to include bid cities and also bidding host countries rather than the normal random(ish) rotation. Still I think it would be worthwhile as it would be an amazing feature to be able to build a new stadium to coincide with a world or european cup.

Archived