Disappointed with Signing?

Hi,

In the board confidence update, I am getting a 'disappointed with signing' when in the player description he is "dubbed the new Michael Owen".

How could the board be disappointed with a player of such potential?

Thanks in advance

First of all i think we would like to see some screenshots :)

Secondly, if this is really the case then maybe the player has behaviour issues. SOmething similar has happened to me and board, fans and players were angry at the transfer

The board and fans rate a signing purely on what his average rating is. I assume you've probably only used him in small domestic cup games or as a late sub when you're well ahead, so his average rating won't be too good. I never pay attention to those things; on my Barcelona game, the board was disappointed at the departure of Pinto (I just let him go for free) even though he sucked and played like 2 games all season.

"The board and fans rate a signing purely on what his average rating is." --> so wrong!

A great aspect of the game is the personality of players and the impact the have in the dressing room. It happened to me more than 3 times and i had to let them go. As soon as i did that everyone was happy again and the atmosphere cleared

The player in question is Jon Pryce. Before signing him, he was at Watford.

This player did not even play once yet, so I guess average rating does not count.

Could it be due to the number of players in that position?

"The board and fans rate a signing purely on what his average rating is." --> so wrong!

A great aspect of the game is the personality of players and the impact the have in the dressing room. It happened to me more than 3 times and i had to let them go. As soon as i did that everyone was happy again and the atmosphere cleared

I think you are getting confused.

He is talking about the fans reaction to a player joining or leaving the club that is shown in the confidence section.

I don't think its calculated on just the average rating as squad status also plays a part but the general gist of MD's post is correct.

Basically the fans feel his performances on the pitch have been disappointing when compared to his squad status or that his squad status suggested they would see more of him.

The player in question is Jon Pryce. Before signing him, he was at Watford.

This player did not even play once yet, so I guess average rating does not count.

Could it be due to the number of players in that position?

There is your problem, what squad status did you give him?

His squad status has implied he would be seen on the pitch and he hasn't yet.

I wouldn't worry too much. As Southampton in the Championship, I signed a world class keep in Ochoa for only $14M (USD) and the fans complained over the "waste" of money and were disappointed in the signing. 3 months through the season, the fans and board have changed their opinions saying that he is a truely inspired signing - go figure.

maybe they are disapointed that you signed "the next michael owen" as they want a player who has a long term future at the club, not be brilliant for a few years only to then be crocked and never live up to past glories, just sayin lol

id like to see a few youngsters labelled with things like, "the next Marco Gabbiadini" we have loads of youngsters tipped to be the next best thing in the prem, but if ur managing in the lower leagues, you would like to be informed of a youngster who can be a lower league legend like marco himself, never good enuf for the top level, but will bag 20 goals a year guaranteed in the lower leagues

Archived